Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New York City

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

New York City

Post by sprague11 »

looks like we're heading to Broadway for our honeymoon. any recommendations asides from Ginger Man, where I will likely be spending my late nights?

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

sprague11 wrote:looks like we're heading to Broadway for our honeymoon. any recommendations asides from Ginger Man, where I will likely be spending my late nights?
I'm sure there is another long thread about NYC, but... check out Blind Tiger.. it's really small but the selection is fantastic and the prices are great. It's a young crowd... and the hot wings are amazing. And fucking hot.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Rattle N Hum was a blast as well.

For bottles, all Whole Foods are good although the one on Houston and First I think has an actual "beer room" and the selection is quite impressive.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

cfrancis wrote:Rattle N Hum was a blast as well.

For bottles, all Whole Foods are good although the one on Houston and First I think has an actual "beer room" and the selection is quite impressive.
My wife helped me lug 10 bombers through the village from that place.
Houston and Bowery, a must stop. Has anyone been to Eataly yet?
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

wittaker wrote:Article on the Eataly.
http://www.madparknews.com/madison-squa ... -3rd-2011/
Thanks, I didn't realize it had yet to open. BTW, I think the final episode of Brewmasters focuses on it.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/