Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trou du diable bottles in MTL?

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

aser

Trou du diable bottles in MTL?

Post by aser »

On my road trip to the east coast, I'll be driving through Quebec, stopping off for lunch and maybe nick a quick pint at Vices et Versa. There are two deppaneurs (Rahman!) nearby that has quite the selection of beers, and I generally leave happy, except for the lack of Trou Du Diable.

Anybody know a reliable source for Trou Du Diable bottles in that area? Meaning near Vices et Versa & Dieu Du Ciel brewpub.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Peluso, Montréal

William J Walter (Mt-Royal), Montréal

Les Délires du terroir, Montréal

Those are store locations from the Trou website. Not sure to what extent they are "reliable".

http://www.troududiable.com/spip.php?rubrique22

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I didnt see any at Peluso when I was there, but I didn't ask either.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

I was talking to one of the guys from TDD at the beer fest in Halifax a couple of weeks ago, and he was talking about how small their distribution is. Was talking about getting some to Gatineau, but he basically laughed that off as impossible for now.

For the OP, if you are driving through and are in no huge hurry, a trip to their actual brewery in Shawinigan wouldn't be that far out of the way.

aser

Post by aser »

thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, I won't have the luxury to go too far out of the way as I'm on a road trip to the east coast with 8 people (2 cars). I'm already requesting a stop in MTL for lunch and then a run to a deppaneur, don't want to push my luck any further than that.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

None that I found in Shawinigan or Montréal. I also spent Some Time with Andre at the Shawinigan beerfest and kept the Gatineau request going but like mentioned above it's not worth it for them when they can EASILY sell closer to home.

They do plan to bottle a batch soon of something new, but odds are it won't hit the shelves of Peluso for a little while.

Your best bet is to setup a trade with Montreal BAs.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

aser wrote:thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, I won't have the luxury to go too far out of the way as I'm on a road trip to the east coast with 8 people (2 cars). I'm already requesting a stop in MTL for lunch and then a run to a deppaneur, don't want to push my luck any further than that.
that's too bad. IMHO its worth a big detour if they had Le SMaSH available.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/le-trou-du ... pa/146713/

Lie to whoever is in the car and drive there by "mistake" and make citra believers out of them! They'll thank you later, and if they don't; post where you are with a trunk full of TDD beer and you'll have a bunch of new friends and more beer for you! It's a WIN WIN either way! :wink:

aser

Post by aser »

So I asked the folks at Peluso and also Les Delires du Terroir, both said they won't be getting any Trou Du Diable until Oct/Nov. Guy at Peluso said supply is limited in the summer and is used up all at the brewery or sold to pubs. Nothing to spare for bottling to stores out of the immediate Shawnigan area.

I did manage to procure some goodies nonetheless...