Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Milton, Ontario

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Milton, Ontario

Post by cratez »

Gonna be stationed in this suburban wasteland for the next 10 days. BA has nothing listed; RB shows two LCBOs. Are there any local bars that serve craft beer here? If not, it looks like West 50 is my closest option.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Was at an Irish Pub a week or so ago that had a couple of Mill Street beers (Organic & Tankhouse) and one or two other half decent beers among the typical Irish taps. It is called Ned Divines.

West 50 isn't exactly around the corner but it is the best thing in Mississauga...

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

you'll be about 30 min away from me in cambridge, feel free to spend a night drinking homebrew here

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

Nothing really in Milton other than the aforementioned Ned's which has some Mill St.. The home brew of Ivy Arms is apparently a Nicklebrook beer but wouldn't say it's anything to make plans to see.

Parts of Oakville and Burlington are closer than Mississauga.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Can't help with anything actually in Milton, but if you are in Cambridge to see Matt it's only 20 more mins to Waterloo. :wink:
There is the Shepherd's Crook in Georgetown (20mins)... nothing earth shattering but OK.
http://www.kw.igs.net/~shepherd/page1/page1.html
If you have the time the Wooly (40 mins) is a sure bet.
http://www.woolwicharrow.ca/beer-wine-a ... er-on-tap/

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

The new Buffalo Wild Wings, on Winston Churchill, just south of the 401 is very close for you.
They have a few craft taps- King Vienna Lager, Barking Squirrel, Steam Whistle, Sam Adams.
I had a chat with a bartender and a manager and they mentioned that they have a few rotating taps for micros, along with a whole bunch of standard stuff that they have to keep on. They even had Golden Horsehoe in a bottle, so I told them they could do a lot better from Great Lakes.
Great place to see sports. During Leaf games, you get 2 pints and 10 wings for $14.99.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Thanks for the help folks. Buffalo Wild Wings and Ned Divines sound like they're worth a look, and the other recos will come in handy this weekend. Cheers!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

There is now a new place in town @ Derry and Hwy 25/Bronte... Rad Brothers.

Apparently have Mill St., flying monkeys, delirium tremens and then some plain old Molson ones.

I haven't been yet but it sounds promising for Milton!

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

Brydens in Milton. On south side of Main St, west Of Hwy 25.
Old-timers will remember it as "The Charles"

2 Great Lakes taps ( $5.50 a pint on Thursdays )
2 Mill St. taps

http://www.brydenspub.com