Montreal

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

BartOwl

Re: Montreal

Postby BartOwl » Mon May 21, 2018 7:03 am

Yes the draught selection is good and so is the bar scene here in Montreal. As for hotel, I am staying at hotel chrome. It is downtown, but it is one of the cheaper ones. Although long weekend prices are much higher than usual. You can also find places in hotels.com.
lister
Beer Superstar

Postby lister » Tue May 22, 2018 11:22 am

Belgian wrote:Where do you guys find it s good to stay (clean, north of downtown, reasonable price.)

All my visits accommodations prior to the last one were downtown. The last visit was with eight people and we split an AirBnB near the Outremont Metro. I was initially like "Why all the way up there?!" until I realized that DDC and V&V were 20 minutes walks away from the AirBnB. :D
lister
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Postby Belgian » Wed May 23, 2018 1:03 am

lister wrote:
Belgian wrote:Where do you guys find it s good to stay (clean, north of downtown, reasonable price.)

All my visits accommodations prior to the last one were downtown. The last visit was with eight people and we split an AirBnB near the Outremont Metro. I was initially like "Why all the way up there?!" until I realized that DDC and V&V were 20 minutes walks away from the AirBnB. :D

That's great! Yeah, the real 'soul' of Montreal for me is not downtown, it is somewhat closer to the Parc and Mile End. Some trips I barely ventured downtown, if at all. This bit of 'uptown mystique' probably keeps (IMO) the best of Montreal a special destination. V&V and DDC are both worth at least one daily visit, heh.

Thanks Lister. If you other guys have other specific reccs on accomodations, please post them! AirBNB doesn't sound like a bad idea. I often stayed at a hotel Cass recommended on Ave du Parc (Hotel Parc Avenue), kind of basic but tout bien.
In Beerum Veritas

Return to “Local Beer Guides”