Spent an awesome few days in Vancouver, beautiful city.
- Alibi Room: easily one of Canada's best place to drink beer. Loved it. Great atmosphere, great service, very good taplist. A bit out of the way, but whatever, makes you want to stay longer!
- Biercraft Bistro: an ok spot up on Cambie. Bartender was a bit of a blowhard who insisted on telling me all the great spots in Ottawa, a place he last lived more than 10 years ago. But, he offered tons of samples and gave me some good tips for spots around town including telling me I had to visit...
- Brassneck brewery: pretty cool minimalst taproom. Very small, so I'm sure it would be hard to get a table for a group. As a loner, I found one easy. Beers were solid, service was good, place was lively.
- CRAFT Beer Market: in the Olympic Village. As with the other CRAFT spots, basically Canada's Yardhouse. Loved the building at this one, incredible re-purpose. More than a bit corporate, but service was fine, food was ok. Nothing bad to say about it.
- Backstage Lounge: if you are on Granville Island and want decent beer, this isn't a very exciting place (wasn't there during a music event), but decent taps including most of the big reational guys. Food was just ok, service was fine. Great patio if you get it on a nice day.
- Portland Craft: Pretty neat spot. Open, high ceilings. Reminded me a bit in decor to Stillwells on the other coast. Maybe 20 taps, all from PNW and some cool selections along with the usual big guys like Deschutes. Ok bottle list as well. Service was solid. The night I was there they had a game going where you pay something like $10 and you get a mystery bomber. They all were pretty good deals.
- Legacy Liquor: next to CRAFT, pretty solid beer selection, prices ranged from decent to very high.
- Firefly Liquor: up near Biercraft, same idea as above, but I think quite a bit smaller selection.
Last edited by rejtable
on Tue May 12, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.