Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2015

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Doppel Hirsch finally showing up too...
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/doppel ... T66YpMayM8

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

jrenihan wrote:
boney wrote:It's really interesting how palates differ. I found the hops in Heelch to be pretty muted (stale) in both aroma and flavour with a very broad, malty backbone taking center stage. Happy it's in the LCBO, though.
My guess is that it depends on how much malt flavour you like in a DIPA. I was skeptical of this one but found I enjoyed it quite a lot. However, whether through design or the couple of months since it was bottled, there is no doubt that it has a notable sweet malt flavour. I thought it worked well with the hops (which I didn't find muted), but for those who prefer DIPAs to be more bitter and light on the malt, this one wouldn't do the trick.
Ren
Just had my first ( and last ) bottle of Heelch O Hops.
Very disappointed. A very stale IPA, no hop presence-That's what I get for buying a 3 month old (D)IPA.
Must stick to buying from the breweries, not the LCBO.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this is finally listed

GREGORIOUS TRAPPIST BEER
LCBO 406439 | 330 mL bottle
Price: $ 4.45

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I see the gregorious is in stock now. Anyone know what the best before date on the bottle is?

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

spinrsx wrote:I see the gregorious is in stock now. Anyone know what the best before date on the bottle is?
Grabbed one from Dundas & Dovercourt in TO this afternoon, 21.01.17 is on the rear label.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Great, thanks!