Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cratez wrote:As a rule the LCBO takes the most anticipated beers from a release and uses additional lab testing and "warehouse warm aging" to ensure that the product is barely drinkable by the time it hits shelves. Extra attention is given to hoppy beers and anything imported from the States. But on the plus side, Trafalgar's Mead Braggot cleared testing without a hitch and is all yours for $5.50 per 13oz bottle.
I am beginning to detect a note of cynicism in some of your posts… can't quite put my finger on it LOL.
In Beerum Veritas

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

cratez wrote:
mahcinesquad wrote:
Ukie wrote:Tank 7 was received couple weeks ago and is undergoing testing.

The 3 Stone beers have yet to arrive.
ARGH! The wait is unbearable.
As a rule the LCBO takes the most anticipated beers from a release and uses additional lab testing and "warehouse warm aging" to ensure that the product is barely drinkable by the time it hits shelves. Extra attention is given to hoppy beers and anything imported from the States. But on the plus side, Trafalgar's Mead Braggot cleared testing without a hitch and is all yours for $5.50 per 13oz bottle.

The Tank 7 has passed testing and who knows may be arriving in stores as we speak.....

Cratez you nailed it, the most anticipated beers........I have varied tastes but it always seems the ones I most want.....Have to try reverse psychology next release, pick the least desirable product and rant and post how much I want it.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Tank 7 could be in stores any day now as they are in the warehouses.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

It's in the system now at least and showing up on their web site, just not showing in any stores yet.

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

tank 7 showing stock now!

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

With Tank 7 rolling out, has anyone tried it from this batch? Did the warehouse aging ruin it?

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

mahcinesquad wrote:With Tank 7 rolling out, has anyone tried it from this batch? Did the warehouse aging ruin it?
Hamilton members, just came home from Dundurn with some.

Will let you know in several hours with a verdict, bottled Jan 21, 2015

Best by 22/04/2016.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

First impressions are the flavours are still there but not over the top like some farmhouse ales, no real strong bite. Still has lots of floral and citrusy smells and tastes though.

Very smooth drinking, hard to believe Abv of 8.5%

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Ukie wrote:bottled Jan 21, 2015

Best by 22/04/2016.
Where did you see that bottling date?

The bottles I picked up have the same BB date (22/04/2016) with the following code written above it on the neck: L042215. I translated that to mean it was bottled 04.22.15 (one year prior to the BB date), and thus only three months old.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

deepeary wrote:
Ukie wrote:bottled Jan 21, 2015

Best by 22/04/2016.
Where did you see that bottling date?

The bottles I picked up have the same BB date (22/04/2016) with the following code written above it on the neck: L042215. I translated that to mean it was bottled 04.22.15 (one year prior to the BB date), and thus only three months old.
I was going by the code on the bottom of the bottle 50214E2120259, which is the old julien calendar dating, 5 for 2015 and 021 for the 21st day of 2015.

I like your answer better.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

Picked some up in Ottawa today. I wasn't sure what to expect from it (not really experienced with so-called Farmhouse Ales) but it reminds me of The Princess Wears Girl Pants. Quite nice though. Judging from the bottle that we're shipped, it has a wide international distribution.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

According to my conversation with LCBO on the Twitter, the Cuvee Soeur'ise cleared the lab this week and will possibly be in stores by next Friday. We shall see...

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I wonder what's up with the Soeur'ise? It isn't even listed yet.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

The Brooklyn Ace never returned either

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

finally listed..

De Leite Cuvee Sour Oak Aged Tripel Kriek Ale
LCBO#: 415737 | 330 mL bottle
$4.35

anyone know if this would be a good cellar candidate?