Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

** PRODUCT DISCONTINUED **

Stone-IPA #425975
Stone-Arrogant Bastard #425983
Stone-Cali-Belgique IPA #425942
^ Hahahahahah… just trolling you now. Happy hump day!
In Beerum Veritas

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

NOT coming soon to LCBO:

St. Bernardus Abt 12 Oak Aged

This special release is being shipped to Quebec but not Ontario as per the brewery.

Thanks LCBO!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

ohhh how do we get info on the SAQ then. Hopefully it comes to Hull.

HELLD

Post by HELLD »

St-Bernardus Oak Aged was available in private import via Grand Crus. so it wont be on shelves .

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

from what i've heard, no one's been impressed by the oak-aged St Berny. barrel is apparently way too subtle.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

atomeyes wrote:from what i've heard, no one's been impressed by the oak-aged St Berny. barrel is apparently way too subtle.
I've also heard this.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

It was like $30 a bottle to import to Quebec...

Better be good at that price

DeMarco wrote:
atomeyes wrote:from what i've heard, no one's been impressed by the oak-aged St Berny. barrel is apparently way too subtle.
I've also heard this.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

So...it's only "just as good" as the regular Berny 12? Or it was somewhat ruined by barreling?

BeboThoughts

Post by BeboThoughts »

Does anyone know if LCBO is getting any Cuvee Rene Special Blend? Or if it will be available to private order?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Any sign of the new game of thrones beer? Its been available in the states for a few months

GreatCop

Post by GreatCop »

spinrsx wrote:Any sign of the new game of thrones beer? Its been available in the states for a few months
Apparently it's even available in Newfoundland, which is certainly a longer drive than 5-6 hours from Cooperstown

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

DeMarco wrote:
I've also heard this.
i was at Kulminator a few days ago. Dirk says it will be epic in 10 years. so keep that in mind.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

El Pinguino wrote:
So...it's only "just as good" as the regular Berny 12? Or it was somewhat ruined by barreling?
it's funny...my opinion of St B 12 is now tainted, and i love that beer (esp with 1-2 years' age on it). had it side by side with a fresh Pannepot and you can't even compare.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

spinrsx wrote:Any sign of the new game of thrones beer? Its been available in the states for a few months

Ommegang Three Eyed Raven #426445 - being tested as we speak

Stone IPA # 425975- Arrogant Bastard #425983 - Cali #425942 - being tested as we speak

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

How many months ago were those Stone beers brewed?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole