Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

The Smuttynose FinestKind IPA was great. Want more.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

spinrsx wrote:listed now

BEAU'S NEW LANG SYNE
Canada | Beau'S All Natural Brewing
LCBO 448621 | 750 mL | $ 16.00
It's an interesting style (tripel aged in pinot grigio barrels), but at that price point for a brewer with a spotty track record I'm not sure if I'm willing to give it a chance.

http://beaus.ca/beer/new-lang-syne/

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

BEAU'S NEW LANG SYNE
Tell me this price is a mistake...?

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

BIG RIG WINTER COPPERBOCK
LCBO 443408 | 473 mL can

Price: $ 2.75

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

sofakingdrunk wrote:

BEAU'S NEW LANG SYNE
Tell me this price is a mistake...?
http://beaus.ca/beer/new-lang-syne/

Probably not for a BA triple :roll:

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

S. St. Jeb wrote:BIG RIG WINTER COPPERBOCK
LCBO 443408 | 473 mL can

Does anyone know if this is this the same beer as Big Rig's Bock Me Gently that appeared at Cask Days?

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Provost Drunk wrote:
LCBO 443408 | 473 mL can

Does anyone know if this is this the same beer as Big Rig's Bock Me Gently that appeared at Cask Days?
yes. I can't remember who I heard it from though.

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

so what's the lowdown on the smuttynose ipa? is it only at the beer store? is a regular item now? how hard is it to find right now.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Picked up some smuttynose yesterday at tbs in Guelph, one of the stores that's not that great as far as getting new product goes. So take that as you will(15$/6 pack) It's a tasty beer, but nothing too special IMO. As long as lake effect is around fresh,I won't even look at ,smuttynose again.
Last edited by sofakingdrunk on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

thanks. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to sleep outside my local bs for some.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Provost Drunk wrote:
LCBO 443408 | 473 mL can

Confirmed it at least has the same name, it's in stock at a few places now (picked it up from Dundas/Bloor). Heads-up, it's not scanning, and manual entry doesn't work. If they text search BIG RIG, it's under COPPERBOCK.

gordonpeterwiebe

Post by gordonpeterwiebe »

had a couple finest kind last night: it was ok, nothing to get crazy about... different flavour profile than anything brewed locally which is always interesting.
I'm wondering if it's starting to age a bit though? the bottles I had tasted a bit "grapey" though not quite "raisiny" as older ipas tend to get. kind of tasted like a 7% version of the ages old keg of canuck (which tastes nothing like a fresh canuck) which has been on tap forever at a place near me.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Found Smutty in Ottawa, Beer Store on Ogilvie Road. Couple of cases, I picked up a 6er.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Picked up some smuttynose yesterday at tbs in Guelph, one of the stores that's not that great as far as getting new product goes. So take that as you will(15$/6 pack) It's a tasty beer, but nothing too special IMO. As long as lake effect is around fresh,I won't even look at ,smuttynose again.
That's been sitting in that store for couple weeks now, they had received 20 six packs. Cant figure why other stores don't show it listed or show it listed and don't have any.

Asked yesterday at a Hamilton store, its in their system just don't have any.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Anyone tried the 2015 version of the Kentucky Bastard that is now at the lcbo? How is it? Also, I noticed a new version of weendigo out too.