Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

i too was rather disappointed with karma citra! the hops had no bite, and it just felt too sweet going down

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

I didn't even enjoy the Karma Citra that was brewery only a couple months ago that much. Solid, but I think it's a lesser of their IPAs if you ask me. Always have.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Gonna echo the sentiments on this batch. Just really disappointing. Karma citra used to be one of their best.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I generally get whatever GLB is fresh on tap at Thirsty & Miserable, it doesn't get much geographically closer for me and hops can always tell when you ship them too far. Once these hoppy beers are brewed, moving IPAs very far from source within the Earth's gravitational field disturbs the critical magnetic resonance of the humulones. It's like quantum physics and shit.
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Uh...I was about to jump in here and rave about how this is probably the best Karma Citra Batch I ever had!

All late hops, low bitterness, but juicy...

Could be totally wrong I guess, or...more for me?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

JeffPorter wrote:Uh...I was about to jump in here and rave about how this is probably the best Karma Citra Batch I ever had!

All late hops, low bitterness, but juicy...

Could be totally wrong I guess, or...more for me?
I'm Karma Citra's defence I had another one a few days later and enjoyed it much more. Maybe it was a bad pallet for me with the first one.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Karma tasted fantastic to me, at least as good as last time

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

I've never had it before so had nothing to go on, but it was great for me. Packaged on Oct 20, bought and drank Oct 21!

Still has to be one of the top IPA's available at the lcbo. My wife, brother and i taste tested KC and Heady Topper on the weekend and all 3 of us liked the KC better!

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Stop it, the Karma Citra is terrible. Don't buy any of it... :wink:

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I haven't bought any karma citra this year....kind of strange....I guess there have just been too many other good beers around!

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Amsterdam 18 Hands Rustic Pale Ale
Wellington Kentucky Cow
Mill St. Lune De Sang
Stone Vertical Epic
Founders All Day IPA
Refined Fool Ripsnorter

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

the stone and founders are both highly rated. drank a 15 pack of founders when i was in carolina for $18, while my wife drank lagunitas sucks, and everyone else drank miller and coors lol.
the welly kentucky is a 7.7% milk stout, bourbon barrel aged, 3.78 on untappd, and good reviews on BA, could be interesting

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

nice to see founders back in ontario, guessing this will be 6 packs of bottles?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2016/11 ... available/

Beau’s All-Natural Brewing has announced the release of the Best of Beau’s 2016 mixed pack, featuring three beers chosen via customer voting earlier this year, plus – for the first time this year – a new seasonal brand.

Debuting in the package is Quads & Rockers, which is described as follows:

Quads & Rockers is an extra-strong, dark and full-bodied Belgian-inspired ale. Expect rich, malty and bold flavours, with noticeable alcohol warmth. This 10.5% quadrupel (or quad) style pours deep mahogany with a tan head. The full, warming flavour impression includes elements such as cacao powder, cooked banana, and a touch of black pepper.

Its joined by a trio of fan favourites including Bush Fire (“flame-coloured ale is infused with teas made from two plants native to South Africa, rooibos and honeybush”), Collabrrrewnaut (“classic Bohemian-style Pilsner blended with organic fair trade coffee from Honduras”) and Dark Helmüt (“extra-strong version of a German black lager”).

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

spinrsx wrote:http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2016/11 ... available/

Beau’s All-Natural Brewing has announced the release of the Best of Beau’s 2016 mixed pack, featuring three beers chosen via customer voting earlier this year, plus – for the first time this year – a new seasonal brand.

Debuting in the package is Quads & Rockers, which is described as follows:

Quads & Rockers is an extra-strong, dark and full-bodied Belgian-inspired ale. Expect rich, malty and bold flavours, with noticeable alcohol warmth. This 10.5% quadrupel (or quad) style pours deep mahogany with a tan head. The full, warming flavour impression includes elements such as cacao powder, cooked banana, and a touch of black pepper.

Its joined by a trio of fan favourites including Bush Fire (“flame-coloured ale is infused with teas made from two plants native to South Africa, rooibos and honeybush”), Collabrrrewnaut (“classic Bohemian-style Pilsner blended with organic fair trade coffee from Honduras”) and Dark Helmüt (“extra-strong version of a German black lager”).

Sounds gross.