Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Samuel Adams Utopia 2015

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

Andrenaline wrote:
instantkamera wrote:Yeah in-store were given a glass, but I suspect the online/phone orders will be exactly like the last time(s) and you will have to email Moosehead (SA's Canadian distributor) to get a glass (unlike the US, the bottle wont come with a voucher).

Email is shannon.mulligan@moosehead.ca
Email kicked back as undeliverable. Anybody have the contact at Moosehead? Google'd Shannon and it looks like she now works for Muskoka.
I e-mailed the LCBO about this. I will copy and paste their reply below:

You may wish to contact the agent who represents this product in Ontario. Please see their contact information below.
Agent Name: The Premium Beer Company Inc., 647-799-0589.

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

BigBob wrote:
Andrenaline wrote:
instantkamera wrote:Yeah in-store were given a glass, but I suspect the online/phone orders will be exactly like the last time(s) and you will have to email Moosehead (SA's Canadian distributor) to get a glass (unlike the US, the bottle wont come with a voucher).

Email is shannon.mulligan@moosehead.ca
Email kicked back as undeliverable. Anybody have the contact at Moosehead? Google'd Shannon and it looks like she now works for Muskoka.
I e-mailed the LCBO about this. I will copy and paste their reply below:

You may wish to contact the agent who represents this product in Ontario. Please see their contact information below.
Agent Name: The Premium Beer Company Inc., 647-799-0589.
Hold the phone, I just received this e-mail from the Vintages Shop:

Along with the bottle you can receive a special edition Utopias glass!
Please email canada@samueladams.com with your name and shipping address in order to receive the glass.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Got a call from my local store, my Utopias has arrived!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

for high extremely abv beers, this is by far the best I've had....enjoy!

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

El Pinguino wrote:for high extremely abv beers, this is by far the best I've had....enjoy!
Agreed. I cracked mine this weekend and absolutely loved it. This bottle will not last long. I had buyers remorse when I went to pick it up and saw all the fantastic single malts in the same price range, but in the end the flavor profile is so unique that I would not hesitate to buy it again. A fantastic brew and well worth a try for anyone who is curious. If you're hesitant to pull the trigger, don't be, you won't regret it.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I tried it recently and didn't like it at all. It was just overwhelming maple syrup, like chugging it straight from the bottle. I'd vastly prefer an equivalently priced bottle of whiskey.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

I cracked mine open during Thanksgiving dinner's dessert, and I found 1oz was a perfect amount to be paired with apple pie, really beautiful maple molasses fruity flavour. The second ounce I had post dessert was a bit much, and the sweetness did become a bit overwhelming, but considering the nature of this drink I figured as much.

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

Craig wrote:I tried it recently and didn't like it at all. It was just overwhelming maple syrup, like chugging it straight from the bottle. I'd vastly prefer an equivalently priced bottle of whiskey.
I take my comment back that others considering a bottle wouldn't regret their purchase! :lol:

portwood

Post by portwood »

without trying first, I feared
Craig wrote:It was just overwhelming maple syrup...
... and didn't pull the trigger because
Craig wrote:I'd vastly prefer an equivalently priced bottle of whiskey.
@markhamwhisky

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I wasn't expecting to like it much, but Folly gave me a taste for $10, so I figured it was worth it to find out.

BigBob

Post by BigBob »

It has been nearly a month - has anyone received their glass yet?

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

Nothing on my end. I almost forgot it was supposed to be coming. I suspect my bottle will be long gone by the time it arrives. Did anyone even get any for of confirmation email regarding their requests for glasses?

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

I forwarded my email from lcbo about the glass, with my name and shipping address and got a reply back from Cory.Owens at moosehead.ca the next business day. that was over 2 weeks ago, but havent got the glass yet

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

GtownRandy wrote:I forwarded my email from lcbo about the glass, with my name and shipping address and got a reply back from Cory.Owens at moosehead.ca the next business day. that was over 2 weeks ago, but havent got the glass yet
Thanks for the contact info! I had just sent another email to the canada@samueladams address, but will follow up with Cory if I don't hear anything back. I have a renewed desire for this glass now... I want my glass!! :lol:

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

Andrenaline wrote:
GtownRandy wrote:I forwarded my email from lcbo about the glass, with my name and shipping address and got a reply back from Cory.Owens at moosehead.ca the next business day. that was over 2 weeks ago, but havent got the glass yet
Thanks for the contact info! I had just sent another email to the canada@samueladams address, but will follow up with Cory if I don't hear anything back. I have a renewed desire for this glass now... I want my glass!! :lol:
Cory just replied to my follow up email;

"We have shipped the majority of glassware early this week so I would expect you to receive it any day now."

Sounds like we should have our drinking vessels soon!