Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Although I'm not a fan of the style, the st berny wit is fucking fantastic. The minerality on it just hit the right spot with me.

For me, the only other ephemere that was this good was the cherry one(from a guy who generally doesn't like cherry flavoured things....except cherries)

S M A

Post by S M A »

Belgian wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:This series is always quite good even if they don't all measure up equally such as with the Poire/Pear. I would never pass on the Blanche Chamby Witbier either, but then I like the style if it's a real solid one like St. Bernardus or Charlevoix. BD Chambly clears well for years in a well–kept bottle, thanks to bottle conditioning
Totally. I don't always feel like a wit, but when I (or my wife) do..... The Blanche de Chambly is a good one to have around, especially to get the mix pack. Hell, I even bought a couple of six packs last year to get the cool glasses.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

spinrsx wrote:I see lagunitas lil sumpin is in stock now. Anyone happen to know the bottle dates?
I picked up a six pack it says BB March 24 2018 on the neck. Assuming it was bottled March 2017.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

beerstodiscover wrote:
spinrsx wrote:I see lagunitas lil sumpin is in stock now. Anyone happen to know the bottle dates?
I picked up a six pack it says BB March 24 2018 on the neck. Assuming it was bottled March 2017.
Lol, at 12 months on the BB. I'd give it 2 months tops.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

beerstodiscover wrote:
dale cannon wrote:There's a new Unibroue mix 12 at TBS
I don't see this on the TBS website. What's it called?
ditto, i'd like to pick this up. is there a way to check stock by location?

S M A

Post by S M A »

distr0 wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:
dale cannon wrote:There's a new Unibroue mix 12 at TBS
I don't see this on the TBS website. What's it called?
ditto, i'd like to pick this up. is there a way to check stock by location?
Couldn't find it at all on the TBS site, I don't think it's even listed. However, the other issue I was anticipating was whether it would be differentiated in any way from previous mix pack versions. I'm sure some TBS locations still have the old one around. Anyway, even when the site does give specific locations for something, I've found in the past that it just means they're slated to get some, not that they actually have it yet.

TLDR: TBS site sucks, for this one I just go in when I happen to be near a TBS (or am returning bottles).

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

saw 2 different Founders all day IPAs today at the lcbo, one says best before Nov 2017, other says Jan 2018. Do they give these a 1 year shelf life too?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Unibroue mix pack. Not sure where you guys are located, but I got it @ Clair Rd beer store Guelph about 2 weeks ago. Shit tonnes of itnon he shelf, with none of the old mix packs there

distr0

Post by distr0 »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Unibroue mix pack. Not sure where you guys are located, but I got it @ Clair Rd beer store Guelph about 2 weeks ago. Shit tonnes of itnon he shelf, with none of the old mix packs there
thanks, I can swing by there on my way home

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Masterplan wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:
Lol, at 12 months on the BB. I'd give it 2 months tops.
Singles of Lagunitas only.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

distr0 wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:Unibroue mix pack. Not sure where you guys are located, but I got it @ Clair Rd beer store Guelph about 2 weeks ago. Shit tonnes of itnon he shelf, with none of the old mix packs there
thanks, I can swing by there on my way home

NP, enjoy. I'll be picking up a bunch of these packs for the summer, great warm weather beerz in this pack

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Stone enjoy after 7-4-16 Brett IPA
—LCBO#: 514455 | 750 mL bottle
$18.95

Duchesse De Bourgogne
—LCBO#: 492769 | 330 mL bottle
$2.95

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Halcyon Barrel House
Infinity Mirror Brett IPA
—LCBO#: 514943 | 750 mL bottle
6.5% ABV

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

GtownRandy wrote:Stone enjoy after 7-4-16 Brett IPA
Interesting, this beer was released on May 30, 2015, according to Stone.

http://www.stonebrewing.com/beer/stone- ... -brett-ipa

I always thought it would be funny if the LCBO brought in something from the Enjoy By series, I guess they wisely steered clear.

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

GtownRandy wrote:Duchesse De Bourgogne
—LCBO#: 492769 | 330 mL bottle
$2.95
:o :o :o i think i saw 4pks of this at premier gourmet for like $20 once...

my fridge is gonna be full of this + saison dupont this summer