Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2015

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

rfrf wrote:bottle date on the Moralite I just grabbed is jan 28.
Do you know if that is the bottled date or best before date? Crossing my fingers it's the bottled on date......

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

it's bottled on 100%. It was brewed for this release.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I still can't fathom how it takes 7 weeks to get a shipment of beer form Montreal on the LCBO shelves. Bottles on Jan 28 should have been on the shelf by Feb 15.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
I still can't fathom how it takes 7 weeks to get a shipment of beer form Montreal on the LCBO shelves. Bottles on Jan 28 should have been on the shelf by Feb 15.
When Moralite arrives in Ottawa and area LCBOs, is it driven down the 401, tested in the warehouse/lab, then driven back up the 401 and placed on shelves?

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Probably. I was hoping they'd be less than a month old and I'd buy a pack for a bit of convenience. Driving over to Gatineau is no big deal anyway and I'm sure every Ottawa person here does it multiple times a month.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

I work in Gatineau. I'm going to BHH today.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Tripel Karmeliet showing stock

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Weizen Dark showing stock now

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Orval was picked up from the brewery over one month ago yet we can't even get a confirmation that it is on the water although I imagine it is. As an agent it is frustrating that with the millions the LCBO must spend on IT, I'm guessing most of it goes to calculating bonuses. It is an embarassment how far behind they are on supplier/agent technology but lack of access to online systems does mean more busy fingers punching away at keyboards at the LCBO.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

esprit wrote:Orval was picked up from the brewery over one month ago yet we can't even get a confirmation that it is on the water although I imagine it is. As an agent it is frustrating that with the millions the LCBO must spend on IT, I'm guessing most of it goes to calculating bonuses. It is an embarassment how far behind they are on supplier/agent technology but lack of access to online systems does mean more busy fingers punching away at keyboards at the LCBO.
Hopefully that boat doesn't get lost at sea.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

spinrsx wrote:Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Weizen Dark showing stock now
Yes!! By far the best beer in this lineup.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

mahcinesquad wrote:
esprit wrote:Orval was picked up from the brewery over one month ago yet we can't even get a confirmation that it is on the water although I imagine it is. As an agent it is frustrating that with the millions the LCBO must spend on IT, I'm guessing most of it goes to calculating bonuses. It is an embarassment how far behind they are on supplier/agent technology but lack of access to online systems does mean more busy fingers punching away at keyboards at the LCBO.
Hopefully that boat doesn't get lost at sea.
Like it has last year. I think they keep sailing the wrong way into the Bermuda Triangle. Those aliens just can't pass up an Orval. Too bad the LMAO can't use the same excuse for Peche.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Howe Sound Hop Raiser IPA showing stock now

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Well, as with most LCBO seasonal releases, this one's been a mixed bag so far. I've enjoyed the Petrus, Karmeliet, Green Devil, Ayinger, and Moralite, but the Midtfyns Double IPA, Cabin Fever, and Hop Raiser are straight up awful. I'm hoping the other beers that are new to me - Goat Boy, Heelch O'Hops, Gregorius - aren't as underwhelming as the latter three. But, like always, there's a few gems to be had.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Lukie wrote:
mahcinesquad wrote:Hopefully that boat doesn't get lost at sea.
Like it has last year. I think they keep sailing the wrong way into the Bermuda Triangle. Those aliens just can't pass up an Orval. Too bad the LMAO can't use the same excuse for Peche.
Have some faith. I'm sure they can find a way to somehow lose Peche Mortel over the Carribean seas, then cancel the release and somehow hand all the costs + penalties back to Dieu di Ciel! brewery.

If anyone can, they are the best! :lol:
In Beerum Veritas