LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

mojo
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby mojo » Thu May 28, 2015 2:36 am

Belgian wrote:
jeremyg wrote:had the apocalypso at bellwoods tonight (albeit on draft) and wasn't super impressed

The Le Trou de Diable stuff that is truly amazing is rare as hen's teeth, but now I've sampled some of those I have a hint of sentimental respect for their regular offerings. The hype doesn't always help this brewery.


I've always found their sours/wild beers/barrel aged stuff to be fantastic, and the rest of their stuff to be average.
User avatar
Blasphomet
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Blasphomet » Thu May 28, 2015 11:47 am

I've only had their beer that's been available at the LCBO, but have not been disapointed. Wonderful presentation, great beer, and at a decent price. Totally cool with La Trou Du Diable.
User avatar
Dennis
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 9:14 am
Location: Huntsville

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Dennis » Thu May 28, 2015 1:48 pm

mojo wrote:
Belgian wrote:
jeremyg wrote:had the apocalypso at bellwoods tonight (albeit on draft) and wasn't super impressed

The Le Trou de Diable stuff that is truly amazing is rare as hen's teeth, but now I've sampled some of those I have a hint of sentimental respect for their regular offerings. The hype doesn't always help this brewery.


I've always found their sours/wild beers/barrel aged stuff to be fantastic, and the rest of their stuff to be average.


I just shared a bottle of L'Ours (blend 1) with 2 friends at lunch - first time I've been disappointed with one of their beers - although my expectations might have been off.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Craig » Thu May 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Did you find it a little milder than you were expecting? I think the blends got stronger as they went along.
User avatar
Dennis
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 9:14 am
Location: Huntsville

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Dennis » Thu May 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Craig wrote:Did you find it a little milder than you were expecting? I think the blends got stronger as they went along.


Yes - unfortunately. It wasn't offensive or anything like that, just underwhelming.
User avatar
jeremyg
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby jeremyg » Fri May 29, 2015 10:52 am

i like trou du diable in general, but i find their stuff hit or miss. they've got a couple brews that have been in the lcbo that i wish were year round. la tracteur comes to mind. lovely saison.
User avatar
MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Woolwich, ON
Contact:

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby MatttthewGeorge » Sun May 31, 2015 7:41 pm

spinrsx wrote:listed now:

DEATH VALLEY
LCBO 407692 | 750 mL bottle
SEASONAL/LIMITED QUANTITIES
Price $ 5.60


Found some on Thursday in London. While not as fresh as when I had it in QC last year, it's still a tasty IPA with some light Belgium characteristics and a nice malt body. At 5.60 for 750ml the stuff is a steal.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Craig » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:53 am

Craig wrote:Jacobins has been in stores for like a week now, but I suspect that wasn't the main release. I hope not anyway, or I missed it too.


I just checked today and Jacobins is all over the place now. Almost 1000 bottles at Queens Quay!
-Liam-
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby -Liam- » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:20 pm

jeremyg wrote:i like trou du diable in general, but i find their stuff hit or miss. they've got a couple brews that have been in the lcbo that i wish were year round. la tracteur comes to mind. lovely saison.

I'm hoping their Apocalypso arrives at a few more TO stores. Only 22 bottles left across 3 stores according to their site. And I think I only saw that number get up to about 6 different stores. Brutal!
User avatar
alsiem
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby alsiem » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:00 pm

I will be picking up some of the Death Valley. I've picked it up from BHH in the past and for the price it's good. My bottle had 1 1/2" of sediment in it from all the dry hopping so expect it to be bitter.
User avatar
jeremyg
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby jeremyg » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:39 am

had the death valley last night with a buddy, really enjoyed it. great price.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby spinrsx » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:49 pm

listed now:

Ninkasi
LCBO#: 414797 | 750 mL bottle
$11.65
Lukie
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 am

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Lukie » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:54 pm

jeremyg wrote:had the death valley last night with a buddy, really enjoyed it. great price.



I did not like this one. found it one dimensional and too sweet, even for a belgian ipa. It was a chore to finish that big bottle. Luckily, Gregorius was there to save the evening.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Craig » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:Jacobins has been in stores for like a week now, but I suspect that wasn't the main release. I hope not anyway, or I missed it too.


I just checked today and Jacobins is all over the place now. Almost 1000 bottles at Queens Quay!


So I was just in this store, which shows 770 bottles in stock online. I asked them to grab me a case, as they only had singles on the shelves. Turns out that entire inventory is set aside for an order (that wasn't entered correctly) and can't be sold. So I cleaned out the shelves and left. I guess they're out now.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Craig » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:11 pm

I'm also curious which bar picked up 30 cases of a Flemish red.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest