Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

talon_d wrote:Does it have a cork? Or just a metal cap?
DaveBar wrote:
Craig wrote:Has anyone tried this yet? I want to know if it's a real sour before I commit to a bunch of them.
Just had one tonight. Very nice and tart. Not very sweet at all. Nice sour, not lip puckering but it is sour for sure. Didn't get a hint of heat. Worth picking up a few as they will age nicely. Big cherry and malt backbone.

Really enjoying this as well.
Personally, I thought this could be more on the sour side for my liking.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

mahcinesquad wrote:
DaveBar wrote:
Craig wrote:Has anyone tried Soeur'ise yet? I want to know if it's a real sour before I commit to a bunch of them.
Just had one tonight. Very nice and tart. Not very sweet at all. Nice sour, not lip puckering but it is sour for sure. Didn't get a hint of heat. Worth picking up a few as they will age nicely. Big cherry and malt backbone.
Personally, I thought this could be more on the sour side for my liking.
Light bodied (would like a heavier palate) with a moderately tangy acidty, overall more dry than lemony. The moderate cherry is good and harmonizes or even gets slightly lost in the sour-dry and lightly herbal tastes.

This is the problem mahcinesquad - EVERY sour is not sour enough or too sour for most people. This could be more sour and I'm moderate. I might score this almost equally with Goudenband although it seems to have less body.

Not one I'd be long-aging but only buy to drink over next few years.
In Beerum Veritas