Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn & Halloween/Oktoberfest Beer Releases 2015

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Napalm Frog wrote:Ayinger Oktoberfest at King & Spadina... But it was scanning as a case of 20 at $79, couldn't fix it, and pulled it off sale. :(
same issue for me at queens quay, but the manager came over and fixed it. $3.85.

portwood

Post by portwood »

DeMarco wrote:
Napalm Frog wrote:Ayinger Oktoberfest at King & Spadina... But it was scanning as a case of 20 at $79, couldn't fix it, and pulled it off sale. :(
same issue for me at queens quay, but the manager came over and fixed it. $3.85.
Summerhill, coudn't fix it, but didn't bother to call a manager, and I couldn't be bothered to wait
@markhamwhisky

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Easy fix....just buy 20!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I guess they will send it back to Aying, and make the brewery pay twice what it cost them to send it over.

Shame because I was planning for a nice Ayinger hangover. Like this one!
In Beerum Veritas

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

admviolin wrote:Easy fix....just buy 20!
A better fix would be to buy a single elsewhere and return it to the place that prices it by the case...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone know whats up with the epic beer? The link to it on the lcbo site is not found. (and it's in stock at a bunch of lcbos)

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/epic-c ... out/429498

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

spinrsx wrote:anyone know whats up with the epic beer? The link to it on the lcbo site is not found. (and it's in stock at a bunch of lcbos)

Last week a whole slew of products just disappeared from the site, and came back a day or two later. There might still be some hiccups, who knows.

Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

Napalm Frog wrote:
spinrsx wrote:anyone know whats up with the epic beer? The link to it on the lcbo site is not found. (and it's in stock at a bunch of lcbos)

Last week a whole slew of products just disappeared from the site, and came back a day or two later. There might still be some hiccups, who knows.
I noticed that before I picked up a bottle last Friday. There was no price tag on the shelf and it would not come up in the system. It took the cashier about 10 min to punch it in. I have a feeling it's been discontinued.