Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Winter craft beer release 2015

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerguykw

LCBO Winter craft beer release 2015

Post by beerguykw »

Found this:

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

happy to see dragons milk back, although I wish they'd stock the 4 packs of the 330ml bottles
beerguykw wrote:Found this:

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

Rodenbach Vintage alone would have been a great winter release by my standards.

Having Celebrator is just amazing on top of things. We now have Rochefort 10 and St. Bernardus Abt 12 as regular listings, and they would have each been a heavy weight on previous year's Winter releases. Hopefully the smaller seasonal releases will translate to more and more regular listing of classics.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

so this would be rodenbach 2013?

walz22

Post by walz22 »

I'm not seeing the Cuvee Van De Keizer in either this or the Christmas release... damn :(

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Looks like they went for quality over quantity this time. I'll have to remember to cajole the local store into bringing in a case of Rodenbach this year.

Number8

Post by Number8 »

Loving the thought of getting my hands on some more of the sweet sweet Samuel Smith's IS.

codfishh

Post by codfishh »

Do any of these have sku's yet?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

we were supposed to be getting the Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout according to the agent 'the craft brand company'

guess that fell through. Also thought we'd see the Lagunitas Imperial Stout in this list.. maybe it's part of the spring release?

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

AugustusRex wrote: Having Celebrator is just amazing on top of things. We now have Rochefort 10 and St. Bernardus Abt 12 as regular listings, and they would have each been a heavy weight on previous year's Winter releases. Hopefully the smaller seasonal releases will translate to more and more regular listing of classics.
True, but it also wasn't that long ago that Celebrator had a regular listing. The L giveth, and the L taketh away...

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Will there also be a Xmas gift release this year or is this all we're getting?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

http://www.bartowel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 15&t=10366
Ceecee wrote:Will there also be a Xmas gift release this year or is this all we're getting?

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

Provost Drunk wrote:
AugustusRex wrote: Having Celebrator is just amazing on top of things. We now have Rochefort 10 and St. Bernardus Abt 12 as regular listings, and they would have each been a heavy weight on previous year's Winter releases. Hopefully the smaller seasonal releases will translate to more and more regular listing of classics.
True, but it also wasn't that long ago that Celebrator had a regular listing. The L giveth, and the L taketh away...
When it was discontinued, I bought 12 bottles, and drank them over a period of 6 months. They did not hold up well at all. Definitely a fridge beer that should be drank within 3-4 months max. I can't wait to have some fresh stock, even if the window is only a couple months.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

It is definitely "meh"ish, but Dragons's Milk is nice to have back and I quite like Tree BIPA when it's fresh - always a good value.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Am I the only person who's noticed that, ever since the beer in grocery stores announcement, the LCBO has been scaling back its seasonal releases in a major way? Unless stores like Whole Foods and some of the independent grocers step in to fill the void left by these releases being cut in half, I think craft beer consumers will end up suffering under the new order of things. Looks like I'll be reverting to the 2010/2011 days of buying most of my beer in the States.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott