Latest LCBO releases

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

mrcasual
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:08 pm

Latest LCBO releases

Postby mrcasual » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:10 pm

For those who may not be aware, here's a good resource to stay up-to-date on the latest releases and price changes at the LCBO: http://twitter.com/LCBOWatch

Disclaimer: I maintain the account and welcome any suggestions as to how to make it better. Thanks!
Beer'n'gin
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Sudbury

Re: Latest LCBO releases

Postby Beer'n'gin » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:45 am

mrcasual wrote:For those who may not be aware, here's a good resource to stay up-to-date on the latest releases and price changes at the LCBO: http://twitter.com/LCBOWatch

Disclaimer: I maintain the account and welcome any suggestions as to how to make it better. Thanks!


Thanks @mrcasual, I've been a follower for quite some time now. Any plans to add other categories: spirits and wine?
User avatar
skootles
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:55 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Latest LCBO releases

Postby skootles » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:18 am

I've always been curious about how you get the data. Is it from that third party LCBO API that someone built?

Also do you ever run into issues by posting 20+ tweets at a time? I would have assumed there'd be some really restrictive rate limiting from Twitter.
mrcasual
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:08 pm

Re: Latest LCBO releases

Postby mrcasual » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:18 pm

skootles wrote:I've always been curious about how you get the data. Is it from that third party LCBO API that someone built?

Also do you ever run into issues by posting 20+ tweets at a time? I would have assumed there'd be some really restrictive rate limiting from Twitter.


1. There is a 3rd party API (https://lcboapi.com) but I chose to build my own system that crawls LCBO's site at a scheduled interval.
2. Twitter's API is limited to 2,400 tweets/day, so I am within that limit.

Beer'n'gin wrote:Thanks @mrcasual, I've been a follower for quite some time now. Any plans to add other categories: spirits and wine?


I wasn't planning anything for spirits but wine is something I could look into. I wish LCBO did something like the Vintages magazine (http://www.vintages.com/circular/circ_main.shtml) for beer.
nickw
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: Latest LCBO releases

Postby nickw » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Whoa, was just scrolling through my Twitter feed and came across a block of @LCBOWatch tweets all at once -- 62 tweets in a row!

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests