Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO price tags

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

LCBO price tags

Post by S. St. Jeb »

I bought some cans of Collective Arts Stranger Than Fiction Porter today, and they had individual price tags on them like you might see at a grocery or convenience store. First time I can recall seeing this. I bought some other canned beer too and they did not have price tags.

portwood

Post by portwood »

I noticed the same on Stone Bastard Box
It could be a solution to bar codes that do not scan properly. I recall someone posting in another thread the SBB were scanning at 3x the price.
@markhamwhisky

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

The LCBO at Weston Rd and 401 regularly uses price tags for items in the clearance section, since the barcodes on those items don't scan. From what I can tell it's a generic product # and then the cashier reads the price off the tag an inputs it.

portwood

Post by portwood »

My bottle of Ayinger Oktober Fest Marzen also has a sticker
I tried buying one of these a couple of weeks ago and the bar code was scanning as 6 bottles. (KGBO employees couldn't figure it out so I left the bottle behind at the time)
@markhamwhisky

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

deepeary wrote:The LCBO at Weston Rd and 401 regularly uses price tags for items in the clearance section, since the barcodes on those items don't scan. From what I can tell it's a generic product # and then the cashier reads the price off the tag an inputs it.
The price tags on the Collective Arts Porter had the correct LCBO number, not a generic number. I wasn't paying attention, but I assume she had to enter the price in as the price tags were stuck over top the barcode on the can.