Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Lcbo just tweeted that the spring feature will be in stores starting March 1st. No word on what it will include though.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Hopefully Moralite will be part of the spring release.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

still no news on the featured beers.. :-?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Bah, list is out and there are a bunch of repeats

This is Sorachi Aces 3rd release in the last year?
Last edited by spinrsx on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

spinrsx wrote:Bah, list is out and there are a bunch of repeats

Well if I wasn't positive Maximus would be 3 months old before hitting the shelves, I'd be happy about that and the RRIIPA...

My experience with Lagunitas is they have a particularly short shelf life even if stored properly...

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Anyone had the Caldera Rauch Ur Bock before? You don't see too many North American craft brewers attempt a rauchbier and those I've tried can't hold a candle to Aecht Schlenkerla. I will probably give this one a shot.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Provost Drunk wrote:Anyone had the Caldera Rauch Ur Bock before? You don't see too many North American craft brewers attempt a rauchbier and those I've tried can't hold a candle to Aecht Schlenkerla. I will probably give this one a shot.
I'm of the same mind, but this one's for real. Really, really good rauch in my opinion. Great value at that price point. Here's the review I posted of it just over a year ago: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profil ... a=biegaman

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Cuvee Rene and Sorachi Ace! I'm happy.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

biegaman wrote:
Provost Drunk wrote:Anyone had the Caldera Rauch Ur Bock before? You don't see too many North American craft brewers attempt a rauchbier and those I've tried can't hold a candle to Aecht Schlenkerla. I will probably give this one a shot.
I'm of the same mind, but this one's for real. Really, really good rauch in my opinion. Great value at that price point. Here's the review I posted of it just over a year ago: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profil ... a=biegaman
Great review, thanks for sharing. I will definitely pick this one up.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Given the current exchange rate, the Brooklyn looks to be very good value. I think it was that price when it first came into the lcbo.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Would be nice if they carried the Brooklyn Ace 4 packs of 330ml instead..
Bobsy wrote:Given the current exchange rate, the Brooklyn looks to be very good value. I think it was that price when it first came into the lcbo.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

spinrsx wrote:Would be nice if they carried the Brooklyn Ace 4 packs of 330ml instead..
Bobsy wrote:Given the current exchange rate, the Brooklyn looks to be very good value. I think it was that price when it first came into the lcbo.
I don't mind the size so much as the price. A couple of bucks less and I'd buy a case or two.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

I miss the days with 20+ seasonals. Also, these lists are getting increasingly more lazy, with beers that are pretty much already regulars like Red Racer. This list wasn't worth the wait tbh. Guess it's better than my local NoFrills selection though.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Well the red racer is the imperial version which has only been here once before, but ya, I still agree that these lists are becoming more and more disappointing
Lukie wrote:I miss the days with 20+ seasonals. Also, these lists are getting increasingly more lazy, with beers that are pretty much already regulars like Red Racer. This list wasn't worth the wait tbh. Guess it's better than my local NoFrills selection though.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Would be nice if they carried the Brooklyn Ace 4 packs of 330ml instead..
I don't mind the size so much as the price. A couple of bucks less and I'd buy a case or two.
I visited the brewery last May and Sorachi Ace bottles were $10. I'm content to pay the same in CAD.