Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Russell v R

Post by Russell v R »

LCBO just tweeted a photo of their spring releases and I SPY Nicklebrook Immodest IIPA and a Rainhard bottle.

"‏@LCBO 1 h
It may not feel like spring is around the corner with #onstorm but feast your eyes on these spring beers #craftbeer "

https://twitter.com/LCBO/status/704707435928428544

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Both offerings from Lagunitas, Maximus and the Stout have arrived and are being tested.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

I just had 2 of those beaus beers last night. The Koru was decent but the Grisette was actually very nice. Had a great peppery finish.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

You are referring to the Lagunitas imperial stout? It is part of the spring release?
Ukie wrote:Both offerings from Lagunitas, Maximus and the Stout have arrived and are being tested.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I'm pretty positive that the Lagunitas Imperial Stout is not coming at all, from what I understand it's a labeling issue....it's a pretty ho-hum stout to be honest so not a big loss here

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

PeenSteen wrote:I'm pretty positive that the Lagunitas Imperial Stout is not coming at all, from what I understand it's a labeling issue....it's a pretty ho-hum stout to be honest so not a big loss here
spinrsx wrote:You are referring to the Lagunitas imperial stout? It is part of the spring release?
Ukie wrote:Both offerings from Lagunitas, Maximus and the Stout have arrived and are being tested.

I was told the Lagunitas Stout had arrived, was in testing and the # is #434209, 650 ml bottle. I actually asked if my local store was getting the Lagunitas in, not the IPA, and they said "Maximus or Stout"? I said "Huh"? Of course wouldn't be the first time a product was listed and in testing and somehow vanished.

The Caldera , the other one I asked about has not arrived yet.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

The stout has a number because it was approved initially, no quantity of it ever came into Ontario because it was scrapped due to the text in the label. The product number is still there but has no inventory listed as available, on hold or in transit.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Friggin lcbo.
PeenSteen wrote:The stout has a number because it was approved initially, no quantity of it ever came into Ontario because it was scrapped due to the text in the label. The product number is still there but has no inventory listed as available, on hold or in transit.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

listed now.. wonder what the bottle date will be.

Lagunitas Maximus IPA
LCBO#: 438101 | 6 x 355 mL bottle
$16.45

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

spinrsx wrote:listed now.. wonder what the bottle date will be.

Lagunitas Maximus IPA
LCBO#: 438101 | 6 x 355 mL bottle
$16.45
I expect 2.5 months old like everything else requiring testing so far...

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Saw bottles of robohop at my local.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Brooklyn ace in stock too

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Picked up a couple bottles of cheval double Blanche Belgian IPA. Havnt had it yet, but the price is a bargain at 5.95/750ml

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

Anybody know the dates on the Maximus that is starting to show stock? Not in Kingston yet and hoping it comes.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Picked up a couple bottles of cheval double Blanche Belgian IPA. Havnt had it yet, but the price is a bargain at 5.95/750ml
I enjoyed this beer very much.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.