LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016?

Postby spinrsx » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Lcbo just tweeted that the spring feature will be in stores starting March 1st. No word on what it will include though.
CoolB
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016?

Postby CoolB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Hopefully Moralite will be part of the spring release.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016?

Postby spinrsx » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:54 am

still no news on the featured beers.. :-?
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016?

Postby spinrsx » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:09 pm

Bah, list is out and there are a bunch of repeats

Image

This is Sorachi Aces 3rd release in the last year?
Last edited by spinrsx on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Masterplan
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016?

Postby Masterplan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 pm

spinrsx wrote:Bah, list is out and there are a bunch of repeats

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ben_T_Johnso ... 12/photo/1


Well if I wasn't positive Maximus would be 3 months old before hitting the shelves, I'd be happy about that and the RRIIPA...

My experience with Lagunitas is they have a particularly short shelf life even if stored properly...
Provost Drunk
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Toronto

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby Provost Drunk » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Anyone had the Caldera Rauch Ur Bock before? You don't see too many North American craft brewers attempt a rauchbier and those I've tried can't hold a candle to Aecht Schlenkerla. I will probably give this one a shot.
biegaman
Bar Fly
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: West Hill

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby biegaman » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:13 pm

Provost Drunk wrote:Anyone had the Caldera Rauch Ur Bock before? You don't see too many North American craft brewers attempt a rauchbier and those I've tried can't hold a candle to Aecht Schlenkerla. I will probably give this one a shot.

I'm of the same mind, but this one's for real. Really, really good rauch in my opinion. Great value at that price point. Here's the review I posted of it just over a year ago: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profil ... a=biegaman
User avatar
admviolin
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby admviolin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:44 am

Cuvee Rene and Sorachi Ace! I'm happy.
Provost Drunk
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Toronto

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby Provost Drunk » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:57 pm

biegaman wrote:
Provost Drunk wrote:Anyone had the Caldera Rauch Ur Bock before? You don't see too many North American craft brewers attempt a rauchbier and those I've tried can't hold a candle to Aecht Schlenkerla. I will probably give this one a shot.

I'm of the same mind, but this one's for real. Really, really good rauch in my opinion. Great value at that price point. Here's the review I posted of it just over a year ago: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profil ... a=biegaman


Great review, thanks for sharing. I will definitely pick this one up.
User avatar
Bobsy
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Maple
Contact:

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby Bobsy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:33 pm

Given the current exchange rate, the Brooklyn looks to be very good value. I think it was that price when it first came into the lcbo.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby spinrsx » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Would be nice if they carried the Brooklyn Ace 4 packs of 330ml instead..

Bobsy wrote:Given the current exchange rate, the Brooklyn looks to be very good value. I think it was that price when it first came into the lcbo.
User avatar
MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Woolwich, ON
Contact:

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby MatttthewGeorge » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm

spinrsx wrote:Would be nice if they carried the Brooklyn Ace 4 packs of 330ml instead..

Bobsy wrote:Given the current exchange rate, the Brooklyn looks to be very good value. I think it was that price when it first came into the lcbo.


I don't mind the size so much as the price. A couple of bucks less and I'd buy a case or two.
untappd/tweetbox/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge
Lukie
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 am

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby Lukie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:44 am

I miss the days with 20+ seasonals. Also, these lists are getting increasingly more lazy, with beers that are pretty much already regulars like Red Racer. This list wasn't worth the wait tbh. Guess it's better than my local NoFrills selection though.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby spinrsx » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:17 am

Well the red racer is the imperial version which has only been here once before, but ya, I still agree that these lists are becoming more and more disappointing

Lukie wrote:I miss the days with 20+ seasonals. Also, these lists are getting increasingly more lazy, with beers that are pretty much already regulars like Red Racer. This list wasn't worth the wait tbh. Guess it's better than my local NoFrills selection though.
User avatar
admviolin
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: LCBO Spring Craft Beer Release 2016

Postby admviolin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:36 pm

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Would be nice if they carried the Brooklyn Ace 4 packs of 330ml instead..

Bobsy wrote:Given the current exchange rate, the Brooklyn looks to be very good value. I think it was that price when it first came into the lcbo.


I don't mind the size so much as the price. A couple of bucks less and I'd buy a case or two.


I visited the brewery last May and Sorachi Ace bottles were $10. I'm content to pay the same in CAD.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests