Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

I ordered one bottle to go splitsies on that'll be delivered to my nearest store, but no idea what lead time to expect. Caved in 'cause I read lots of good things about it on the interwebs.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Lukie wrote:I see the Flying Monkeys Invictus is online order for $38/bottle. Seems a bit steep. Is it worth it? The unique thing is that you can order them in singles rather than by the box, as long as the minimum order is at least $50. So, 2 bottles will run me $76. Worth it?
It's a high price for Ontario, but becoming pretty standard in the us. Bruery, alesmith, cycle, hf are all getting away with charging 30-40 usd for their special releases so I guess flying monkey's are thinking they can try it too. Only thing is, if those breweries are major league, FM is single A. I may cave and buy one, because I am too curious to see if they can produce something world class even though I know the odds are poor.

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

ckoop wrote:
Lukie wrote:I see the Flying Monkeys Invictus is online order for $38/bottle. Seems a bit steep. Is it worth it? The unique thing is that you can order them in singles rather than by the box, as long as the minimum order is at least $50. So, 2 bottles will run me $76. Worth it?
It's a high price for Ontario, but becoming pretty standard in the us. Bruery, alesmith, cycle, hf are all getting away with charging 30-40 usd for their special releases so I guess flying monkey's are thinking they can try it too. Only thing is, if those breweries are major league, FM is single A. I may cave and buy one, because I am too curious to see if they can produce something world class even though I know the odds are poor.
I’d be happy to have a few of you bt-ers up to the brewery this week after work on Thursday. I'll open up a few bottles of Invictus and maybe a few others for you to enjoy. Feel free to email me if you are interested. Also, if you have any questions on the development of this brew, my brewery and/or my beers, I’d rather speak face-to-face than via posts. We can connect via peter@theflyingmonkeys.ca. We released Invictus last year in Europe at our Biercab tap-takeover.

Yours in brewing,
Peter
Flying Monkeys

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Are there two versions of Invictus RIS, one with assorted Bourbon Barrels and another Andalusian Sherry Solera Barrel aged?

Oh never mind it's kind of both.
https://untappd.com/b/flying-monkeys-cr ... ut/1424376
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

peterchiodo wrote: I’d be happy to have a few of you bt-ers up to the brewery this week after work on Thursday. I'll open up a few bottles of Invictus and maybe a few others for you to enjoy. Feel free to email me if you are interested. Also, if you have any questions on the development of this brew, my brewery and/or my beers, I’d rather speak face-to-face than via posts. We can connect via peter@theflyingmonkeys.ca. We released Invictus last year in Europe at our Biercab tap-takeover.

Yours in brewing,
Peter
Flying Monkeys
Would you consider a Saturday afternoon or evening? Quite a few of us are interested but getting to Barrie on a Thursday evening isn;t the easiest...
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

John you live up North just 45 minutes away. Im mid town and tougher. I might be up for a sunday aft drop in, when I can get there in 60-70 minutes. Thursday after work can be 90-150 minutes
Reliable Beer Critic

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

sprague11 wrote:
peterchiodo wrote: I’d be happy to have a few of you bt-ers up to the brewery this week after work on Thursday. I'll open up a few bottles of Invictus and maybe a few others for you to enjoy. Feel free to email me if you are interested. Also, if you have any questions on the development of this brew, my brewery and/or my beers, I’d rather speak face-to-face than via posts. We can connect via peter@theflyingmonkeys.ca. We released Invictus last year in Europe at our Biercab tap-takeover.

Yours in brewing,
Peter
Flying Monkeys
Would you consider a Saturday afternoon or evening? Quite a few of us are interested but getting to Barrie on a Thursday evening isn;t the easiest...
Sunday evening would definitely work. I'm sorry but my daughter is playing basketball all weekend but I could definitely do Sunday. I''l show anyone around as well.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

That's a super nice offer of you, Peter. I'm glad you have pride in your beer.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Pete sounds like he rules

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

jeremyg wrote:Pete sounds like he rules
Big time.

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

All good...I'll be at the Brewery on Sunday at 4ish.....

Gleemer Imports

Post by Gleemer Imports »

Hey everyone!
Hopefully this post will shake off some of your pre-summer doldrums.
I'm happy to announce that Gleemer Imports will be representing Brouwerij Alvinne from Zwevegem, Belgium.

Alvinne specializes in two things: a souring yeast blend ("Morpheus") and an extensive barrel program.
While their beer's always been great, I just had the opportunity to sample some of his recent beer and I can tell you that Alvinne is making world-class sours.

I will be bringing in a limited number of cases of two barrel-aged beer. The paperwork should be submitted this month and I'll post more information when the time comes.

Thanks!
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Gleemer Imports wrote:Hey everyone!
I'm happy to announce that Gleemer Imports will be representing Brouwerij Alvinne from Zwevegem, Belgium.

Alvinne specializes in two things: a souring yeast blend ("Morpheus") and an extensive barrel program.
While their beer's always been great, I just had the opportunity to sample some of his recent beer and I can tell you that Alvinne is making world-class sours.

I will be bringing in a limited number of cases of two barrel-aged beer. The paperwork should be submitted this month and I'll post more information when the time comes.

Thanks!
Bring over Fantome. Thanks.

Gleemer Imports

Post by Gleemer Imports »

BakaGaijin wrote:
Gleemer Imports wrote:Hey everyone!

Thanks!
Bring over Fantome. Thanks.
I love Fantome and am friends with Dany. I was very interested in bringing his beer over, but had to decline due to my concerns of the LCBO's liberal return policy. As you can imagine, anything ranging from an over-carbonated bottle to someone not liking the way a beer tastes would justify a return. So, at this point, I don't think it's a good match.

I can assure you, though, that there are other breweries with whom I'm having discussions that would likely make you guys happy. :)
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Alvinne, very classy.
Reliable Beer Critic