LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

brendan

Re: LCBO Online Exclusives

Postby brendan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:01 pm

FWIW, I have a business trip in March to Frankfurt and was thinking of doing a side trip to St. Sixtus to pick up beer, anyone want to split Westy's? Don't know if I'll be shipping it back, as I can only carry a case by myself, if I get two one will definitely get shipped.
Gleemer Imports

Postby Gleemer Imports » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:41 am

brendan wrote:FWIW, I have a business trip in March to Frankfurt and was thinking of doing a side trip to St. Sixtus to pick up beer, anyone want to split Westy's? Don't know if I'll be shipping it back, as I can only carry a case by myself, if I get two one will definitely get shipped.

Just to clarify for you:

you can get a case (a 24) if you call the week of and b) have a EU license plate. you're allowed 1 case per car every 60 days. they used to rotate the cases available but they may have stopped doing that with expanded capacity.

if you want a pack of beer (and i forget if it's a 4 or a 6), then you get whatever's available at the cafe. sometimes it's a mixed pack, sometimes you may only be able to get Blonde.
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
brendan

Postby brendan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Gleemer Imports wrote:
brendan wrote:FWIW, I have a business trip in March to Frankfurt and was thinking of doing a side trip to St. Sixtus to pick up beer, anyone want to split Westy's? Don't know if I'll be shipping it back, as I can only carry a case by myself, if I get two one will definitely get shipped.

Just to clarify for you:

you can get a case (a 24) if you call the week of and b) have a EU license plate. you're allowed 1 case per car every 60 days. they used to rotate the cases available but they may have stopped doing that with expanded capacity.

if you want a pack of beer (and i forget if it's a 4 or a 6), then you get whatever's available at the cafe. sometimes it's a mixed pack, sometimes you may only be able to get Blonde.

The most updated info I have is that they cater to car rentals for tourists as well, and depending on the week maybe more than a case per vehicle. I will be calling and checking during the weeks leading up to the trip though.
gjkerr

Postby gjkerr » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:09 pm

brendan wrote:
Gleemer Imports wrote:

Just to clarify for you:

The most updated info I have is that they cater to car rentals for tourists as well, and depending on the week maybe more than a case per vehicle. I will be calling and checking during the weeks leading up to the trip though.

There is actually a very specific reservation system posted on the "Bierverkoop" page of the St. Sixtus Abbey's website - this is the only way to definitively procure a case. Specific days and times to call in a reservation for a specific product for pickup on a specific day in the future are posted and updated frequently.
GtownRandy

11 Cases Westvleteren 8 on LCBO

Postby GtownRandy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:29 pm

portwood

Re: 11 Cases Westvleteren 8 on LCBO

Postby portwood » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:34 am

cap date: 15/06/19
so, I believe ~1 year, 4 months old
@markhamwhisky
Urotsukidoji

Postby Urotsukidoji » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:35 pm

portwood wrote:

singles for sale
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/westvl ... eozXmfDiO0
Beer'n'gin

Postby Beer'n'gin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Urotsukidoji wrote:
portwood wrote:

singles for sale
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/westvl ... eozXmfDiO0

Thanks, Urotsukidoji! I never would have checked that this was in stock as singles. I placed an order for some just a moment ago.
Urotsukidoji

Postby Urotsukidoji » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Beer'n'gin wrote:
Urotsukidoji wrote:

Thanks, Urotsukidoji! I never would have checked that this was in stock as singles. I placed an order for some just a moment ago.

Same, do not need a case, but had to check this one off my life list ;)
iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Postby iguenard » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:25 pm

Soooo.. any news on when the Armand & Gaston or the Oude Kriek from Dire Fonteinen is to hit the online store? I think it was announced as "end of summer"... and it just started snowing tonight :)

Losing hope on this.
BakaGaijin

Postby BakaGaijin » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:02 pm

iguenard wrote:Soooo.. any news on when the Armand & Gaston or the Oude Kriek from Dire Fonteinen is to hit the online store? I think it was announced as "end of summer"... and it just started snowing tonight :)

Losing hope on this.

Your girlfriend, Colette, didn't hook you up?!? I thought you had a special relationship?!?
gjkerr

Postby gjkerr » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:16 pm

BakaGaijin wrote:
iguenard wrote:Soooo.. any news on when the Armand & Gaston or the Oude Kriek from Dire Fonteinen is to hit the online store? I think it was announced as "end of summer"... and it just started snowing tonight :)

Losing hope on this.

Your girlfriend, Colette, didn't hook you up?!? I thought you had a special relationship?!?

Anyone have any updates on these? A&G showing up on product search - no sign of the Oude Kriek though.
Masterplan

Postby Masterplan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:37 pm

gjkerr wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:

Losing hope on this.

Anyone have any updates on these? A&G showing up on product search - no sign of the Oude Kriek though.

There were 210 units (35 cases) there this morning.
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Licker Control Bored

Postby Belgian » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:43 pm

BakaGaijin wrote:Your girlfriend, Colette, didn't hook you up?!? I thought you had a special relationship?!?

So much for the level playing field of a perfectly-controlled 'provincial' system. :wink:
Last edited by Belgian on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas
sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Postby sprague11 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Been and gone. Like almost eveyone else: shut out.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”