Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

brendan

Post by brendan »

FWIW, I have a business trip in March to Frankfurt and was thinking of doing a side trip to St. Sixtus to pick up beer, anyone want to split Westy's? Don't know if I'll be shipping it back, as I can only carry a case by myself, if I get two one will definitely get shipped.

Gleemer Imports

Post by Gleemer Imports »

brendan wrote:FWIW, I have a business trip in March to Frankfurt and was thinking of doing a side trip to St. Sixtus to pick up beer, anyone want to split Westy's? Don't know if I'll be shipping it back, as I can only carry a case by myself, if I get two one will definitely get shipped.
Just to clarify for you:

you can get a case (a 24) if you call the week of and b) have a EU license plate. you're allowed 1 case per car every 60 days. they used to rotate the cases available but they may have stopped doing that with expanded capacity.

if you want a pack of beer (and i forget if it's a 4 or a 6), then you get whatever's available at the cafe. sometimes it's a mixed pack, sometimes you may only be able to get Blonde.
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

brendan

Post by brendan »

Gleemer Imports wrote:
brendan wrote:FWIW, I have a business trip in March to Frankfurt and was thinking of doing a side trip to St. Sixtus to pick up beer, anyone want to split Westy's? Don't know if I'll be shipping it back, as I can only carry a case by myself, if I get two one will definitely get shipped.
Just to clarify for you:

you can get a case (a 24) if you call the week of and b) have a EU license plate. you're allowed 1 case per car every 60 days. they used to rotate the cases available but they may have stopped doing that with expanded capacity.

if you want a pack of beer (and i forget if it's a 4 or a 6), then you get whatever's available at the cafe. sometimes it's a mixed pack, sometimes you may only be able to get Blonde.
The most updated info I have is that they cater to car rentals for tourists as well, and depending on the week maybe more than a case per vehicle. I will be calling and checking during the weeks leading up to the trip though.

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

brendan wrote:
Gleemer Imports wrote:
Just to clarify for you:

The most updated info I have is that they cater to car rentals for tourists as well, and depending on the week maybe more than a case per vehicle. I will be calling and checking during the weeks leading up to the trip though.
There is actually a very specific reservation system posted on the "Bierverkoop" page of the St. Sixtus Abbey's website - this is the only way to definitively procure a case. Specific days and times to call in a reservation for a specific product for pickup on a specific day in the future are posted and updated frequently.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

portwood

Post by portwood »

cap date: 15/06/19
so, I believe ~1 year, 4 months old
@markhamwhisky

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

portwood wrote:
singles for sale
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/westvl ... eozXmfDiO0

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

Urotsukidoji wrote:
portwood wrote:
singles for sale
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/westvl ... eozXmfDiO0
Thanks, Urotsukidoji! I never would have checked that this was in stock as singles. I placed an order for some just a moment ago.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Beer'n'gin wrote:
Urotsukidoji wrote:
Thanks, Urotsukidoji! I never would have checked that this was in stock as singles. I placed an order for some just a moment ago.
Same, do not need a case, but had to check this one off my life list ;)

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Soooo.. any news on when the Armand & Gaston or the Oude Kriek from Dire Fonteinen is to hit the online store? I think it was announced as "end of summer"... and it just started snowing tonight :)

Losing hope on this.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

iguenard wrote:Soooo.. any news on when the Armand & Gaston or the Oude Kriek from Dire Fonteinen is to hit the online store? I think it was announced as "end of summer"... and it just started snowing tonight :)

Losing hope on this.
Your girlfriend, Colette, didn't hook you up?!? I thought you had a special relationship?!?

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

BakaGaijin wrote:
iguenard wrote:Soooo.. any news on when the Armand & Gaston or the Oude Kriek from Dire Fonteinen is to hit the online store? I think it was announced as "end of summer"... and it just started snowing tonight :)

Losing hope on this.
Your girlfriend, Colette, didn't hook you up?!? I thought you had a special relationship?!?
Anyone have any updates on these? A&G showing up on product search - no sign of the Oude Kriek though.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

gjkerr wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:

Losing hope on this.
Anyone have any updates on these? A&G showing up on product search - no sign of the Oude Kriek though.
There were 210 units (35 cases) there this morning.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

BakaGaijin wrote:Your girlfriend, Colette, didn't hook you up?!? I thought you had a special relationship?!?
So much for the level playing field of a perfectly-controlled 'provincial' system. :wink:
Last edited by Belgian on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Been and gone. Like almost eveyone else: shut out.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo