Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

we would be happy to make up for any cancelled orders by offering similar limited products.

please tell us more about this
Reliable Beer Critic

setandsetting

Post by setandsetting »

This was out of the blue, but LCBO is showing stock for some unannounced Cascade beers, specifically Framblanc, Sang Royal and Vitis Noble. All three are on the lists for the "pub crawl" tonight and the event at Volo tomorrow night, although at more than twice the price after tax.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

setandsetting wrote:This was out of the blue, but LCBO is showing stock for some unannounced Cascade beers, specifically Framblanc, Sang Royal and Vitis Noble. All three are on the lists for the "pub crawl" tonight and the event at Volo tomorrow night, although at more than twice the price after tax.
This reeks of a CBS-style LCBO accidental early release. Let's see if my order is cancelled. Also a bunch of new Keep6 beers (Loverbeer, Evil Twin, Dunham) are available as singles.

setandsetting

Post by setandsetting »

beerstodiscover wrote: This reeks of a CBS-style LCBO accidental early release. Let's see if my order is cancelled. Also a bunch of new Keep6 beers (Loverbeer, Evil Twin, Dunham) are available as singles.
Let's. I'm cautiously optimistic though...the three that are scheduled to be released tomorrow weren't showing stock, and these three would have recently been imported for the events this weekend.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

My order shipped :D

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

4 Almanac beers showed up on the LCBO website this morning. No idea when they will be available for order. Anybody know more about this?
Mariposa
Tropical Platypus
Dogpatch
Splendid Population

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

Ceecee wrote:4 Almanac beers showed up on the LCBO website this morning. No idea when they will be available for order. Anybody know more about this?
Mariposa
Tropical Platypus
Dogpatch
Splendid Population
They popped up first this morning and all appear to be gone now.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I ended up grabbing Tropical Platypus and Mariposa through the app and didn't end up seeing Splendid Population until just now. If anyone wants to trade the platypus for a Splendid Population, let me know.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Nevermind, I didn't end up getting the platypus. A few dogpatch have resurfaced.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

I'm thinking there may be a second wave of this stuff. Having these things pop up and sell out fast encourages more people to follow Keep6 closely on social media and buy when they see them in stock.
Last edited by beerstodiscover on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

DeMarco wrote:Nevermind, I didn't end up getting the platypus. A few dogpatch have resurfaced.
That has happened to me a few times on these hot releases. Such as, 20+ in stock when I enter my CC info, but email later in the day saying they don't actually have any.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Napalm Frog wrote:That has happened to me a few times on these hot releases. Such as, 20+ in stock when I enter my CC info, but email later in the day saying they don't actually have any.
I added some Almanac to my cart and when I hit checkout it gave me an error, showing -20 and -4 in stock. LCBO would need to get something like ticket sellers use to avoid the problem of overselling and then cancelling orders.

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

At the moment LCBOs online inventory refreshes every 15 minutes. If stock is sold out and purchased within that 15 minute time period product gets oversold. LCBO IT is aware of the issue and we've been told it will be rectified by June. The other issue is that we don't actually know when product is available to sell online and we have to manually check LCBO.com or follow @LCBOWatch on twitter.

We got a very small allocation of Almanac and are working on trying to get another order in. Our upcoming orders with Crooked Stave, Cascade, Oxbow, Evil Twin, Stillwater and De Ranke are in good quantities. You can see whats coming here: http://www.keep6imports.com/shop/?category=COMING+SOON
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Managed to grab a single of everything but Splendid Population. Haven’t received an email about any cancellations so I’m feeling optimistic. Threw in a Dunham Funk Royal to seal the deal.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Keep6 Imports wrote:At the moment LCBOs online inventory refreshes every 15 minutes. If stock is sold out and purchased within that 15 minute time period product gets oversold. LCBO IT is aware of the issue and we've been told it will be rectified by June. The other issue is that we don't actually know when product is available to sell online and we have to manually check LCBO.com or follow @LCBOWatch on twitter.

We got a very small allocation of Almanac and are working on trying to get another order in. Our upcoming orders with Crooked Stave, Cascade, Oxbow, Evil Twin, Stillwater and De Ranke are in good quantities. You can see whats coming here: http://www.keep6imports.com/shop/?category=COMING+SOON
Bring in some Other Half! They doing sales in Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester.....need an Ontario can sale!