Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Gleemer Imports

Post by Gleemer Imports »

For those interested:

Fantome Dark White is available again. LCBO releases 20 at a time (weird since it comes in cases of 12). We expect them to be gone in 1-2 days.

Hanssens Oude Geuze and Scharbeeke Kriek should be available any day now, by the bottle.

Dulle Teve will be available any day now. only 19 bottles remain in the province.

Still some 225 saison with quince available. Not going to lie: this is a total sleeper. People should be all over this. *shrugs*
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Gleemer Imports

If you want to make a final push to grab some beer...

A random case of Dulle Tevewas put online. 9 bottles left as of today.

Still 225 saison bottles available.

Between us and Keep6, you can probably hit the $50 minimum to get some good cellarstuffers.

Also by the case and available for free delivery outside of the GTA:

Hanssens Oude Geuze and Oude Scharbeekse Kriek, Fantome Dark White, 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze 375 and 750 mL (email us for details).
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Belgian wrote:
Gleemer Imports wrote:That batch of Oerbier was an anomaly... finished at a higher ABV than normal. In Belgium, they don't adjust the labels to indicate that ABV. They just sell as is.
Good to hear Oerbier is coming to :LC shelves! Wow.

This online order:
Oerbier original description of ABV on Ratebeer 7.5%, official 9.0%, actual bottling 10.6%

Dulle Teve 10º official ABV 10.0, actual bottling 11.9%
I have to say - I slightly prefer the bottling of Oerbier available in the LC stores with the significantly lower ABV!

The one from the web order is good but has a touch less malty fulness and is a hint sharper. The one on stores is pitch perfect.
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Aventinus Vintage (4 Years Aged) just popped up. I wonder if this is barrel aged just some musty bottles.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Just had a Oerbier from the order as well as a Dulle Teve - both maturing brilliantly!

Extremely nice having these DeDolle in Ontario, thank you importer people... you rock. 8)

** just want to clarify that the online order (not in-store) Oerbier was the curiously extra-strong ABV version, so I think it took the ageing well.
Last edited by Belgian on Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Gleemer Imports

Belgian wrote:Just had a Oerbier from the order as well as a Dulle Teve - both maturing brilliantly!

Extremely nice having these DeDolle in Ontario, thank you importer people... you rock. 8)
That's great!
This batch of Dulle Teve was spectacular. Tastes great fresh or aged.

We're hoping to have a certain Christmas beer available on LCBO shelves. Stay tuned...

Gleemer Imports

It has been 2 months in the making, but we've finally had the order approved.
Ontario will be getting three significant online orders of 3 Fonteinen.
all 375 mL size.

Oude Geuze
Oude Kriek
Framboos

ETA would be late May

cboden

Post by cboden »

Gleemer Imports wrote:It has been 2 months in the making, but we've finally had the order approved.
Ontario will be getting three significant online orders of 3 Fonteinen.
all 375 mL size.

Oude Geuze
Oude Kriek
Framboos

ETA would be late May
Amazing! Great job!

Gleemer Imports

Also,
single bottles of De Dolle Arabier and Dulle Teve are available online as of last week.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

beerstodiscover wrote:Aventinus Vintage (4 Years Aged) just popped up. I wonder if this is barrel aged just some musty bottles.

Damn, I wish I could get that now. Aventinus is one of my all-time faves and go-to's. Looking at their online exclusive category, it looks pretty pathetic and nothing is available

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Lukie wrote:Looking at their online exclusive category, it looks pretty pathetic and nothing is available
There hasn't been a whole lot going on with online exclusives for a while. I think with the loosened booze restrictions Keep6 and others are moving things through non-LCBO channels now. Since they can't compete on price (or offer a in-house consumption) exclusive products are really the only draw for customers to non-LCBO bottle shops.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

beerstodiscover wrote:I think with the loosened booze restrictions Keep6 and others are moving things through non-LCBO channels now.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

S. St. Jeb wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:I think with the loosened booze restrictions Keep6 and others are moving things through non-LCBO channels now.
I'm referring to restaurants getting the right to sell alcohol to go during COVID. For instance, Keep6 is still importing exclusive beer/wine/spirits, but selling it through their bars other non-LCBO bottle shops. Previously Keep6 would sell many of these imports as LCBO Online Exclusives.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

beerstodiscover wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:
I'm referring to restaurants getting the right to sell alcohol to go during COVID. For instance, Keep6 is still importing exclusive beer/wine/spirits, but selling it through their bars other non-LCBO bottle shops. Previously Keep6 would sell many of these imports as LCBO Online Exclusives.
Oh. I think I thought everything had to go through the LCBO regardless of how it eventually made it's way to the consumer.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

beerstodiscover wrote: I'm referring to restaurants getting the right to sell alcohol to go during COVID. For instance, Keep6 is still importing exclusive beer/wine/spirits, but selling it through their bars other non-LCBO bottle shops. Previously Keep6 would sell many of these imports as LCBO Online Exclusives.
S. St. Jeb wrote: Oh. I think I thought everything had to go through the LCBO regardless of how it eventually made it's way to the consumer.
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but although everything has to "go through" the LCBO form a testing perspective, importers like Keep6 can sell at a higher mark-up if they sell through a bottle shop like Volo than the LCBO.

Most of the offerings at Volo and other bottle shops wouldn't have been LCBO listings in any event. And for so long we clamoured for privately owned bottle shops. We now have it - a silver lining to the pandemic. Prices are high, but I'm happy to have the optionality. Perhaps with time there were be a proliferation of bottle shops and some downward pressure on prices.