Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

So I finally got a notification that my LTM order shipped, 6 days after the order. Anyone had better results?

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Lukie wrote:So I finally got a notification that my LTM order shipped, 6 days after the order. Anyone had better results?
That's much better than the old system of ordering from agents. Which could take 6 weeks.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

BakaGaijin wrote:
Lukie wrote:So I finally got a notification that my LTM order shipped, 6 days after the order. Anyone had better results?
That's much better than the old system of ordering from agents. Which could take 6 weeks.
Ya that seems quite good actually, we know they didn't set out to provide "competitively fast" shipping ;)

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

i ordered case of porter baltique special ed on 26th and received shipping notice on 31st. they said will email again on arrival at my local store

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Few new online only beers posted.. including Even More Jesus

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

spinrsx wrote:Few new online only beers posted.. including Even More Jesus
Good to hear that there are new additions - hopefully this trend continues! If it does, it would be good to get a thread going to announce new online arrivals (or use this thread for that purpose).

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Got my LTM Porter delivered to the store. Took exactly one week. Not bad after all. If anyone is serious about splitting orders with me, please PM me.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Provost Drunk wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Few new online only beers posted.. including Even More Jesus
Good to hear that there are new additions - hopefully this trend continues! If it does, it would be good to get a thread going to announce new online arrivals (or use this thread for that purpose).
Yeah, for now this thread is good because there's still very few online exclusives. Would also be nice to use this thread to arrange for shared orders. It's nice that they are adding things, but I hope that offshore craft will not one day be diverted from the shelves to the online exclusive section altogether. Macros would love nothing more than put extra barriers between you and your craft beer.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Trying returning a few bottles and let us know how it goes :)
Lukie wrote:Got my LTM Porter delivered to the store. Took exactly one week. Not bad after all. If anyone is serious about splitting orders with me, please PM me.

Lunardr0ne

Post by Lunardr0ne »

http://boozewatch.ca/virtual-store?id=244376

Looks like someone ordered a case of the Porter Baltique 2013 and returned all but one bottle?

Also my order took exactly one week as well. No LTM beers, just regular LCBO stock though.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Lunardr0ne wrote:http://boozewatch.ca/virtual-store?id=244376

Looks like someone ordered a case of the Porter Baltique 2013 and returned all but one bottle?

Also my order took exactly one week as well. No LTM beers, just regular LCBO stock though.
Nice. I may pick up a bottle or 2 if there's anything else decent at that store. Used to live down the road from that one, not so great for beer.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Woohoo - Del Ducato Beersel Morning back in stock! I may grow to like this system yet!

Would case shares from the LCBO/com be appropriate for the Private Ordering forum?
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

spinrsx wrote:Trying returning a few bottles and let us know how it goes :)
Lukie wrote:Got my LTM Porter delivered to the store. Took exactly one week. Not bad after all. If anyone is serious about splitting orders with me, please PM me.

Picking it tomorrow. Any reason how they would refuse a return given their return policy?

portwood

Post by portwood »

Lunardr0ne wrote:http://boozewatch.ca/virtual-store?id=244376

IIRC, those 11 bottles have been sitting "in stock" in Kitchener for months.

I can report returning some bottles is no issue. Don't feel like retyping, so, if you're interested check out my twtiter feed
@MarkhamWhisky
@markhamwhisky

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

sprague11 wrote:Woohoo - Del Ducato Beersel Morning back in stock! I may grow to like this system yet!

Would case shares from the LCBO/com be appropriate for the Private Ordering forum?
Yeah, that's a good spot for it.