Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

portwood

Post by portwood »

bradb wrote:Ahhhhh, on one hand, D'Ete is on my wish list... On the other hand, case of 24...
I don't understand how they will sell singles of so many beers, yet others, only by-the-case :-?
@markhamwhisky

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Why is oxbow crossfade $17.60 a bottle?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Lukie wrote:Why is oxbow crossfade $17.60 a bottle?
I've had it and it's delicious. But it's worth half that.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

portwood wrote:
bradb wrote:Ahhhhh, on one hand, D'Ete is on my wish list... On the other hand, case of 24...
I don't understand how they will sell singles of so many beers, yet others, only by-the-case :-?
All products which are brought in through LCBO Specialty Services (online exclusives) can only be sold by the case. The warehouse does not have a system in place for breaking down cases and selling individual bottles. Single bottle formats you see online are products which are LCBO retail store listings being shipped out of Cooper St. Our agency is actively trying to convince the LCBO to change this policy and allow online exclusives to be sold by the individual bottle.
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

The cost of crossfade at the brewery retail store is $12.50 / per bottle USD.
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Keep6 Imports wrote:
portwood wrote:
All products which are brought in through LCBO Specialty Services (online exclusives) can only be sold by the case. The warehouse does not have a system in place for breaking down cases and selling individual bottles. Single bottle formats you see online are products which are LCBO retail store listings being shipped out of Cooper St. Our agency is actively trying to convince the LCBO to change this policy and allow online exclusives to be sold by the individual bottle.
Thanks, even by the 6-pack or 4-pack would entice me to buy more.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
And I'm pretty sure we both payed almost double!!
"There's always money in the banana stand."

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
Definitely get a bottle if you haven't tried it, though I sort of agree.

And I understand there is real work and time investment behind crafting these subtle blended Farmhouse ales / Sours. They are no less work per ounce than many pricey wines so they may still be affordable for what they are. But in my view the bottled version of Bench Citra Grove was just better.
In Beerum Veritas

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Keep6 Imports wrote:Our agency is actively trying to convince the LCBO to change this policy and allow online exclusives to be sold by the individual bottle.
Thank you!

portwood

Post by portwood »

Keep6 Imports wrote:
portwood wrote:
It was more of a rhetorical question but thanks for the explanation, nonetheless.
@markhamwhisky

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Keep6 Imports wrote:
The cost of crossfade at the brewery retail store is $12.50 / per bottle USD.

Not only that, I've seen it at some US stores for as high as 20. Expensive, yes, but it's definitely the best farmhouse I've ever had.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Charchuk

Post by Charchuk »

distr0 wrote:
Keep6 Imports wrote:Our agency is actively trying to convince the LCBO to change this policy and allow online exclusives to be sold by the individual bottle.
Thank you!
I'm guessing there's quite a lot of motivation to get this done on their part (Keep6). The more things sold by the case, the higher the chance that some of that case will be returned. Especially if the beer costs a lot. And since each one of those returns gets poured out and charged back to the agency... well, that can't be good for business.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Ordered a case of Solstice d'Ete and paid for shipping so we had it for the cottage this weekend. Box shows up wrapped in a bag with a Canada Post notice saying it's damaged. Two bottles broke. No big deal, but my god, the LCBO needs to step their packaging game up. They just took the 4 pk boxes and placed them in a larger box. And that's it. Nothing to cushion any of the bottles. Nothing. Been trading for 5 or so years now and never sent or received a broken bottle nor have I ever seen such an amateur pack job.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Keep6 Imports wrote:
portwood wrote:
Thank you :D
Kekumba wrote:Ordered a case of Solstice d'Ete and paid for shipping so we had it for the cottage this weekend. Box shows up wrapped in a bag with a Canada Post notice saying it's damaged. Two bottles broke. No big deal, but my god, the LCBO needs to step their packaging game up. They just took the 4 pk boxes and placed them in a larger box. And that's it. Nothing to cushion any of the bottles. Nothing. Been trading for 5 or so years now and never sent or received a broken bottle nor have I ever seen such an amateur pack job.
sorry about your broken bottles. I ordered a 4 pack of Aphrodisiaque and LCBO wrapped the whole thing in a sphere of bubble wrap and tape. I had to cut into it lol and it was 9 months old. you know.. LCBO Freshness :roll:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Our agency is actively trying to convince the LCBO to change this policy and allow online exclusives to be sold by the individual bottle.
I'd be all over that. This would be so much better than paying a bar $45-60 for a single bottle.

Though I doubt it's protectionism of bars. The LC are simply trogs.
In Beerum Veritas