Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Got my email on Tuesday or Wednesday that my order i placed last friday came in. Went in today to pick up that and my case of 12 LTM Baltique SE that came in last week. i did a return on 4 of those to cut down on the $ a bit. The store's Product Consultant came out with my cases and took me to an unused till to process the order and the 4 returns. she said i was the first online order they had so it was a learning experience for them. no problem with the return, i explained some products have a minimum order of 1 case and that i couldnt drink that much. So i agree its no problem to order a case and return part while you are there.

She asked how i liked the online process, i said it was pretty good, was able to get beers i havent seen in a 20 mile radius, and the online exclusive. i told her its cheaper and faster for people to get it shipped to the store as opposed to paying $12 shipping and it taking longer. she asked if i got a lot of beer there, i said i did, so she gave me her business card for future reference.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

portwood wrote:Three day turn-around time on case of DDC Moralite ... and they didn't replace original packaging with huge box filled with styro popcorn.

Only downside is the pre-cellaring: bottled June 7, 2016 ... over 2 months to travel a few hundred Kms, presumably by birch bark canoe :roll:
This came from Keep6 Imports. So it's on them or the brewery. Not the LCBO.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Online order will be opening up availability for local breweries to list their products.

portwood

Post by portwood »

BakaGaijin wrote:This came from Keep6 Imports. So it's on them or the brewery. Not the LCBO.
Good to know, thanks.

... but somehow I think it gets back to lcbo. Given the amount of time it takes them to do anything, my guess is keep6 had to have stock ready to ship as soon as lcbo got its act together. From what I heard, the e-commerce launch was delayed, meaning had it launched on time, perhaps that shipment keep6 had would have been shipped fresher?

In any event, the trouble with kgbo is initial listing and first shipment. Once that start-up process is done, I imagine distribution is much quicker - evidence some Great Lakes product hitting shelves within a week or two of packaging. Hopefully*, this means less "cellaring" of these on-line exclusives in future.

*there's that word again. Any other retailer who's customers relied on "hope" wouldn't be in business long
@markhamwhisky

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

ry_kinney wrote:Picked up a few returns of LTM Baltic Porter from Bathurst and Centre. A few more left in the new arrivals section when I left.

Lol, those were my returns - enjoy!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Lukie wrote:
ry_kinney wrote:Picked up a few returns of LTM Baltic Porter from Bathurst and Centre. A few more left in the new arrivals section when I left.

Could be an idea to post here if anyone is returning something like this. I'm sure other BTers would appreciate the "heads up" knowing when something otherwise hard to purchase may pop up at a certain location. Just a thought.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

El Pinguino wrote:
Lukie wrote:

Could be an idea to post here if anyone is returning something like this. I'm sure other BTers would appreciate the "heads up" knowing when something otherwise hard to purchase may pop up at a certain location. Just a thought.

Good idea.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Moralite is OOS already! You snooze you lose and I lost. That went quick...like it was a collobration with Alchemist or something. :wink:

+1 to El Pinguino's idea about posting where there are returns. That'd be great!

Cheers!
^^^Hop-head ^^^

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

IPA_Lover wrote:Moralite is OOS already! You snooze you lose and I lost. That went quick...like it was a collobration with Alchemist or something. :wink:

+1 to El Pinguino's idea about posting where there are returns. That'd be great!

Cheers!
I'm sure it'll be back. They make gobs of that stuff.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

I've been waiting 2+ years for the LCBO to bring Morelite back to shelves. That stuff is amazing.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

CoolB wrote:I've been waiting 2+ years for the LCBO to bring Morelite back to shelves. That stuff is amazing.
Not to bum you out, but it came out March 2015 on the shelves.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

DeMarco wrote:
CoolB wrote:I've been waiting 2+ years for the LCBO to bring Morelite back to shelves. That stuff is amazing.
Not to bum you out, but it came out March 2015 on the shelves.
I haven't seen it in the niagara area for a long time now but it's definitely possible that I could have missed it.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I had it on tap last week and it was magical

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Oud Beersel Oude Kriek and Geuze now available.. bet this goes fast.

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

spinrsx wrote:Oud Beersel Oude Kriek and Geuze now available.. bet this goes fast.
Just placed my order. :D