Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Craig wrote:
shintriad wrote:So disappointed...I was online at 8:00, but didn't check that fervently. Agreed on the lottery system and introduction of captchas. Seems strange for something like beer, but there was a time when they had special beers through Vintages, so why not?

Any recommendations for great saisons within reach to drown my sorrows with? Was thinking of making an order from Half Hours and/or Burdock...
Saison Dupont is hitting LCBO shelves any day now.

HHOE have a pretty epic lineup in their online shop right now. I'd wager about half of it is better than anything in this HF release.

Four Winds Nectarous has been available online for a while now, it's pretty great and normally hard to get here too.

Cascade Rose City, Sang Rouge and Midnight Bramble are all in stock online right now.

Crooked Stave Veille is in stock online.

Honestly, I don't really get what all the hubub was over the HF release. I've had all those beers before and while they're all great the only one I considered buying was Florence. I decided to get some Nectarous instead, because I like the beer just as much and it was cheaper/easier. I got some Veille last week too. Once I finish drinking down my stock of Lem, I'll probably put in another HHOE order because their stuff is just so good if you love the sour stuff.
This is great advice, thanks! I had no idea about the Crooked Stave or Four Winds. And the latest from HHOE does look pretty epic at the moment. You, kind sir, have saved the day.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Craig wrote:
shintriad wrote:So disappointed...I was online at 8:00, but didn't check that fervently. Agreed on the lottery system and introduction of captchas. Seems strange for something like beer, but there was a time when they had special beers through Vintages, so why not?

Any recommendations for great saisons within reach to drown my sorrows with? Was thinking of making an order from Half Hours and/or Burdock...
Saison Dupont is hitting LCBO shelves any day now.

HHOE have a pretty epic lineup in their online shop right now. I'd wager about half of it is better than anything in this HF release.

Four Winds Nectarous has been available online for a while now, it's pretty great and normally hard to get here too.

Cascade Rose City, Sang Rouge and Midnight Bramble are all in stock online right now.

Crooked Stave Veille is in stock online.

Honestly, I don't really get what all the hubub was over the HF release. I've had all those beers before and while they're all great the only one I considered buying was Florence. I decided to get some Nectarous instead, because I like the beer just as much and it was cheaper/easier. I got some Veille last week too. Once I finish drinking down my stock of Lem, I'll probably put in another HHOE order because their stuff is just so good if you love the sour stuff.
Went and checked out the HHOE website after reading this post, good lineup indeed. Proceeded to order a case of their beers, perhaps they should give you a kick-back!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

If you're out there Kyle, I accept gratitude/commissions in the form of beer. :D

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

And Oxbow Crossfade.

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

Picked up an online order yesterday and when I got home and opened it I had about $190 of Spanish red wine instead of $67 of beer. Took it back and sure enough, the paperwork was mixed up with another box.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

My local always insists I open the box to make sure everything is in order.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Mine too. For good reason, it's wrong about a quarter of the time.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

i've done a few online orders and had drastically different experiences each time (all at the same store). ranging from just handing me the box, no questions asked, to multiple pieces of paperwork, ID, and validating every single bottle thoroughly

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

beerstodiscover wrote:My local always insists I open the box to make sure everything is in order.
Yep, and sign their copy of the invoice accepting the contents.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

according to lcbo.com, there's 2 bottles of each of the Hill Farmstead release on the shelves in Ignace, Ontario

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

distr0 wrote:according to lcbo.com, there's 2 bottles of each of the Hill Farmstead release on the shelves in Ignace, Ontario
ROAD TRIP! :D

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Saw that the other day. There were some in an LCBO in Toronto too - mostly likely someones online order waiting for pickup apparently.

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

Anybody know what is going on with all the online exclusive beers on LCBO? Bunch of stuff was available and now all out of stock (Vieille, Crossfade, Life On, Nectarous...). The new Dunham beers that were there this week and available aren't even listed on the site anymore. Wondering if Keep6 has pulled all their beers and won't be selling on LCBO now.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Most third party online listings have been pulled within a few weeks of going out of stock.

EDIT - Wow, yeah, that's the most I've seen OoS yet...