Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

biegaman wrote:-Furthermore, agents can't ensure the freshness/quality of the product. Older BarTowelers will remember the Hair of the Dog private order we put together. When the beer arrived the caps weren't properly sealed. A lot of the beer was flat, oxidized, or infected.
Ha! I remember that. I still have three bottles of Adam from that order. Anyone interested? :P
lister

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

This whole online thing started out with a few new beers, since then there hasn't really been much to talk about. Wonder if this is going to be like the 'brewery features' thing and get cancelled as well.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

spinrsx wrote:This whole online thing started out with a few new beers, since then there hasn't really been much to talk about. Wonder if this is going to be like the 'brewery features' thing and get cancelled as well.
There are some interesting beers coming into Ontario...but the importers / agents aren't putting them up for online purchases by the public.
They really should have new stuff every single week for this to gain any traction at all. I doubt the importers are willing to do that when they can just sell to bars/restaurants with bigger orders.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

just as I commented about nothing new.. something new! From Esprit?

ACHEL BLOND
Belgium | N/A
LCBO 928340 | 330 mL | $ 3.25

ACHEL BRUIN
Belgium | N/A
LCBO 159201 | 330 mL | $ 3.25

KRIEK DE RANKE
Belgium | N/A
LCBO 642040 | 750 mL | $ 8.75

TIMMERMANS PECHE LAMBIC
LCBO 784751 | 250 mL bottle
Price $ 2.80

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Dat kriek

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Whoa, nice price on that Kriek!
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

sprague11 wrote:Whoa, nice price on that Kriek!
Out of stock already? Dang!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Bobsy wrote:
I'm pretty sure the LCBO is still artificially limiting supply to 20 cases at a time. So it'll probably be back soon.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Comment withdrawn... wrong thread. Oops.
Last edited by biegaman on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

those 4 are on the the esprit agency price list that i got in june, but these prices are about 2/3 of what was on the esprit list

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Craig wrote:
Bobsy wrote:
I'm pretty sure the LCBO is still artificially limiting supply to 20 cases at a time. So it'll probably be back soon.
i asked.

"In regards to the above product, we are aware that it is currently out of stock but are unable to provide an exact time frame as to when it will be available online again. We unfortunately must wait for confirmation from the supplier of when they have set aside dedicated inventory for sale through the LCBO web site. Please continue to check the web site on a regular basis for updates as they become available. "

skootles

Post by skootles »

I also asked about the possibility of "back in stock" notifications.
you make a great point re: back in stock notifications, this is something we intend to do in the future for sure.
Though I won't hold my breath and will likely just whip up some script to constantly check the pages for changes and notify me accordingly.

andrewd

Post by andrewd »

Craft Beer Advent Calendar now back in stock online. Extra cases from a private order, I think.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

andrewd wrote:Craft Beer Advent Calendar now back in stock online. Extra cases from a private order, I think.
and the price went down $1.20 from when I snagged one last week??

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Urotsukidoji wrote:
andrewd wrote:Craft Beer Advent Calendar now back in stock online. Extra cases from a private order, I think.
and the price went down $1.20 from when I snagged one last week??
what brews does this pack contain?