Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Belgian wrote:
Delaque wrote:... I could MAYBE understand one of (Armand & Gaston / Figaro) not being available, but definitely not both. I'm sure all the usual bars will have no problem receiving their inventory to sell at 2x & 3x's the list price...getting pretty tired of this...
That sounds rank. How can this be? If the LC really is bumping you out of your hard-earned place in the queue to serve their 'high volume' business clientéle, they are no longer acting in all our interests, instead they are neglecting public interests which is at odds with their status as OUR crown corporation (and one that is a monopoly.)

I mean sure 'life's not fair, yadda yadda' but the Board do have a significant political obligation to be egalitarian about product availability because ALL product anyone can buy on Ontario (yours, the bar's) goes through them. It's for sale here or it's not. They can't simply cut off the offered products to some first-come buyers at their discretion / convenience purely to favor bars & then continue to pretend it's all a legit system.

Tell me if I'm off base here. I'm sure it will all get fixed by Monday since we're venting our views on BarTowel. :wink:
I dont think it is a case of the LCBO bumping someone out of the queue, but the IMPORTER doing it.

I mean...if you import nice beer, you want to keep your big buyers happy more than the one-off consumer buyers who order less. I wholeheartedly do NOT agree with it, but understand it.

My belief is that every single beer brought through the LCBO should be available to every single person in Ontario on an equal basis, at any volume. So if Joe, the guy who buys one beer a year wants that super restricted beer, he should have just as good a chance to get it as the boys at Birreria Volo for example, who may want 10 cases of it.

The fact that the Volo guys are involved with Keep6 shouldn't matter. If we have the LCBO, we have to have open and fair access.

It is entirely unrealistic I know....but such is beer life in Ontario.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Well Comrades, isn't it nice that our consumer and tax base makes the system so convenient for everyone but us, despite a pretense to the contrary.

Makes the Statist monopoly & the jacked up prices of most alcohol here totally worth it! :lol:
In Beerum Veritas

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

there are a whole bunch of online exclusives that are being sold as singles right now, that were previously on by the case of 24 or 6, all the Moor beers, Hitachino, Dunham No Tahoma, even some Oxbow

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Urotsukidoji wrote:there are a whole bunch of online exclusives that are being sold as singles right now, that were previously on by the case of 24 or 6, all the Moor beers, Hitachino, Dunham No Tahoma, even some Oxbow
I got all excited by that then realized many are low ABV beers released back in August or November. :( I would have bought some back then if i could have got singles (or even six packs) back then.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

how do you get a single?
Reliable Beer Critic

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

northyorksammy wrote:how do you get a single?
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/elemen ... ter/460849

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^Tempest here now??:). These guys started out of my hometown in Scotland, in the back of a pub. I hooked up with the owner/brewer in 2013 when I was back home and they were in the works to get a big facility. Traded him some local Ontario beers for a bunch of his stuff and it wa all fantastic. They've been named brewer of the year a couple times the last few years. If we can get it fresh(I know, I know) their hoppy beers are really nice. The marmalade on rye ipa being my favourite, but Brave new world is also fantastic when fresh. Their stouts are also top notch,especially Mexicake. I havnt had this perticular Porter however.

Hopefully they'll be available in store at some point.
Last edited by sofakingdrunk on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Got a bunch of singles Moor/Bad/Tempest, thanks for the heads up
Reliable Beer Critic

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Urotsukidoji wrote:there are a whole bunch of online exclusives that are being sold as singles right now, that were previously on by the case of 24 or 6, all the Moor beers, Hitachino, Dunham No Tahoma, even some Oxbow
Thanks for this. I too decided to buy a few things from what is available. Other than CBS and KBS this will be the first beer I buy from the LCBO in well over a year!

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

More singles available that were in cases before, I just picked up the following all as singles:

Pale Armadillo LCBO# 460807 | 330 mL 1 $3.50

Brave New World IPA LCBO# 460781 | 330 mL 1 $3.90

Hoppiness New World IPA LCBO# 431832 | 330 mL 1 $4.00

In The Dark We Live LCBO# 460831 | 330 mL 1 $4.15

Evil Twin Nomader Weisse LCBO# 361427 | 355 mL 1 $4.70

De La Senne Taras Boulba LCBO# 662741 | 330 mL 1 $4.65

Evil Twin Bikini Beer LCBO# 755214 | 355 mL 1 $4.60

Dios Mio Jalepeno LCBO# 460872 | 330 mL 1 $4.45

Summer Breeze Ale LCBO# 460658 | 330 mL 1 $5.35

Kagua Blanc LCBO# 410356 | 330 mL 1 $5.10

Kagua Rouge LCBO# 410349 | 330 mL 1 $5.10

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Thanks for pointing this out. I just made an order particularly interested in Stillwater Insetto Sour and Moor Raw Beer (top rated bitter). I used Collective Arts new IPA Life in the Clouds to hit the $50 mark.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

beerstodiscover wrote:Thanks for pointing this out. I just made an order particularly interested in Stillwater Insetto Sour and Moor Raw Beer (top rated bitter). I used Collective Arts new IPA Life in the Clouds to hit the $50 mark.
I grabbed the Insetto as well, but damn it! I missed the Life In the clouds!

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

beerstodiscover wrote:Thanks for pointing this out. I just made an order particularly interested in Stillwater Insetto Sour and Moor Raw Beer (top rated bitter). I used Collective Arts new IPA Life in the Clouds to hit the $50 mark.
The cans of Life in the Clouds I picked up yesterday were canned Dec. 22. Still tasted pretty good but kind of a bummer when Collective Arts usually has super fresh beers in the LCBO.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I grabbed a few of the Moor Raw, and was really looking forward to it, as a big bitter fan. TBH it was not as good as I expected, although maybe I was expecting too much.

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

El Pinguino wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Delaque wrote:... I could MAYBE understand one of (Armand & Gaston / Figaro) not being available, but definitely not both. I'm sure all the usual bars will have no problem receiving their inventory to sell at 2x & 3x's the list price...getting pretty tired of this...
That sounds rank. How can this be? If the LC really is bumping you out of your hard-earned place in the queue to serve their 'high volume' business clientéle, they are no longer acting in all our interests, instead they are neglecting public interests which is at odds with their status as OUR crown corporation (and one that is a monopoly.)

I mean sure 'life's not fair, yadda yadda' but the Board do have a significant political obligation to be egalitarian about product availability because ALL product anyone can buy on Ontario (yours, the bar's) goes through them. It's for sale here or it's not. They can't simply cut off the offered products to some first-come buyers at their discretion / convenience purely to favor bars & then continue to pretend it's all a legit system.

Tell me if I'm off base here. I'm sure it will all get fixed by Monday since we're venting our views on BarTowel. :wink:
I dont think it is a case of the LCBO bumping someone out of the queue, but the IMPORTER doing it.

I mean...if you import nice beer, you want to keep your big buyers happy more than the one-off consumer buyers who order less. I wholeheartedly do NOT agree with it, but understand it.

My belief is that every single beer brought through the LCBO should be available to every single person in Ontario on an equal basis, at any volume. So if Joe, the guy who buys one beer a year wants that super restricted beer, he should have just as good a chance to get it as the boys at Birreria Volo for example, who may want 10 cases of it.

The fact that the Volo guys are involved with Keep6 shouldn't matter. If we have the LCBO, we have to have open and fair access.

It is entirely unrealistic I know....but such is beer life in Ontario.

The importer has no control over who makes a purchase once product is on-boarded onto lcbo.com.
I do apologize if anyones orders have been cancelled after purchase but this is simply the case of product being over-sold by LCBO.
If you send us an e-mail (info@keep6imports.com) we would be happy to make up for any cancelled orders by offering similar limited products.
We work with our suppliers to fairly distribute quantities of limited products between licensees and private customers.
LCBO e-commerce is still a very new system which we (and the LCBO) are learning to utilize.
As of last week the LCBO has permitted single bottle offerings online which will make limited products more accessible.
Hope this helps clarify things a bit. As always feel free to contact us if you have any questions or are interested in products in our portfolio.

Cheers,
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter