Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn Craft Beer Release 2016

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Lagunitas sucks now showing stock!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

need someone to let us know how out of date it is

this is in stock too: St Feuillien Brune Extra Strong Belgian Ale
Ukie wrote:Lagunitas sucks now showing stock!

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

spinrsx wrote:need someone to let us know how out of date it is

Bottled Sept 10, 2016.

The date code on the bottles starts with 25316 and Laguintas uses a Julian bottle dating code. It could be fresher, but it could be a lot worse. I've never had fresh Sucks but it tasted great to me.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I'm In Chicago. The 7-11 I just bought a bag of popcorn in has sucks bottled in October.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Craig wrote:I'm In Chicago. The 7-11 I just bought a bag of popcorn in has sucks bottled in October.
You're in Chicago and you're only drinking sucks?!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I didn't say I bought them.

We settled on a nice milk stout from 3 Floyd's.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Rascal London Porter and Rogue Hazelnut Nectar now showing stock at Summerhill. Still no sign of the quads or GKnight.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Was in Buffalo on the weekend 12 pack of Lagunitas sucks was 17.99...sigh
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Gknight in stock, anyone know the can dates?

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

spinrsx wrote:Gknight in stock, anyone know the can dates?
Was super excited for this. It's taken so long, now I'm scared.

vandutchy

Post by vandutchy »

I had one on Sunday night and it tasted great and poured well into an IPA glass(Dogfish/Sierra) with no floaties or cloudiness. I believe it was canned in late Sept'16 but my find is a bit hazy as I looked at the bottom of the can when I was 2/3rds done and that was pint # 4 of the day for me ( no not 4 pints of this :o )

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Prearis quad now showing stock at Summerhill and in Ottawa. I think this leaves just Three Philosophers as the only one still outstanding from the fall release.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

jp_jkl wrote:
spinrsx wrote:need someone to let us know how out of date it is

Bottled Sept 10, 2016.

The date code on the bottles starts with 25316 and Laguintas uses a Julian bottle dating code. It could be fresher, but it could be a lot worse. I've never had fresh Sucks but it tasted great to me.
Love that the SUCKS is fresher than the case of DDC Moralite I just ordered online. Got it in this week and bottling date was end of August. Brutal. Guess I'll return half or all of it and buy some Lagunitas.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

portwood

Post by portwood »

Provost Drunk wrote:I think this leaves just Three Philosophers as the only one still outstanding from release to Summerhill and a tiny number of other locations.
Fixed it for you :wink:
@markhamwhisky

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

portwood wrote:
Provost Drunk wrote:I think this leaves just Three Philosophers as the only one still outstanding from release to Summerhill and a tiny number of other locations.
Fixed it for you :wink:
Lol - point taken. But usually it's just a matter of days before beers that first appear at Summerhill are more broadly distributed throughout the GTA. I use the Summerhill release as my sign that the beers I'm tracking will probably appear at my local within a week.