Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn Craft Beer Release 2016

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Fuller's Russian Imperial Stout is one of my absolute favourites. So fucking good.

I am excited about many of the beers in this release.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Cass wrote:Fuller's Russian Imperial Stout 7.95 500 10.7 FULLER SMITH & TURNER PLC
Rascal London Porter 3.2 330 5.6 THE INNIS & GUNN BREWING COMPA
Lawrence of Arabica. Danish Coffee Orange Por 6.85 500 7 AMAGER BRYGHUS
Prearis Quadrocinno, Strong Belgium Dark Ale 3.75 330 10 VLIEGENDE PAARD BROUWERS
Three Philosphers 10.95 750 9.7 DUVEL MOORTGAT USA, LTD
St Feuillien Brune Extra Strong Belgian Ale 3.75 330 8.5 BRASSERIE ST-FEUILLIEN S.A.
The Mayan Chocolate Chipotle Stout 3.65 330 6.5 THE ILKLEY BREWERY CO. LTD
Lagunitas Sucks 16.45 2130 7.85 Lagunitas Brewing Company
Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier 3.5 500 6.3 STAATLICHES HOFBRAUHAUS
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar 6.95 650 5.6 ROGUE ALES BREWERY
G'Knight Imperial Red IPA 12.25 1420 8.7 Oskar Blues Brewery
Looks promising, but as with most of these releases, I suspect the hoppy beers will hit the shelves just before their expiry date, and some of the most anticipated beers simply won't show up. Look at the Summer release: we still haven't seen the Chimay Gold or Saison du Japon, and the 7 Hop was drinking well but is now past the date at which I'd buy more. The Calling, meanwhile, is so old that it's not worth grabbing IMO. That said, if we somehow luck out and none of the regular BS happens, I'll be buying a bunch of these (3 Philosophers, G'Knight, Hazelnut, Sucks, Fullers, etc).
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

A good number of new beers I've never seen at LCBO before. Nice mix. I may grab that Lagunitas, but never picked up the Maximus or other one previously as I'd had them before and didn't want to buy a 6-pack. Can't win sometimes I guess....certain beers I want in small bottles to drink often, others I want in big bottles to enjoy once or twice...Ideally we could just buy anything in singles without hassle.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Hey Cass (or anyone else), do you have the product numbers for the release?

Thanks!
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Ralphus wrote:Hey Cass (or anyone else), do you have the product numbers for the release?

Thanks!
374629 - Fuller's Russian Imperial Stout
461947 - Rascal London Porter
460956 - Lawrence of Arabica. Danish Coffee Orange Por
465773 - Prearis Quadrocinno, Strong Belgium Dark Ale
465781 -Three Philosphers
465815 - St Feuillien Brune Extra Strong Belgian Ale
465823 - The Mayan Chocolate Chipotle Stout
465831 - Lagunitas Sucks
84889 - Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier
96180 - Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar
471441- G'Knight Imperial Red IPA

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Decent enough list if not unexciting. If there was any way to ensure close to fresh sucks I might be motivated to pick some up. The real exciting stuff (by comparison) is online only.

How long has it been since we've seen a Rogue seasonal release?
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Is the Fullers the same one as a few years ago, in the blue-purple box?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Is the Fullers the same one as a few years ago, in the blue-purple box?
Apparently it is the Fuller's Brewers Reserve Imperial Stout with 10.7% ABV and the addition of rose buds.

Worth a shot if anyone'e curious.
In Beerum Veritas

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I've yet to meet a Fullers that I didn't like. Solid brewery.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Belgian wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:Is the Fullers the same one as a few years ago, in the blue-purple box?
Apparently it is the Fuller's Brewers Reserve Imperial Stout with 10.7% ABV and the addition of rose buds.

Yeah that was the purple box, and one of my all time fave imperial stouts. So damn good.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Blasphomet wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Worth a shot if anyone's curious.
Yeah that was the purple box, and one of my all time fave imperial stouts. So damn good.
Yes, same SKU # as that one and now on the system as such (no stock appearing just yet.)
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Blasphomet wrote:
Belgian wrote:

Excellent, I loved it also. I have two sitting in the cellar still, drank one last week and enjoyed it more than I did "fresh"

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

cfrancis wrote:I've yet to meet a Fullers that I didn't like. Solid brewery.

I love Fullers, and count some of their beers as a few of my go-to favourite beers......but their honey dew(I think it's called) is pretty fucking bad

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
cfrancis wrote:I've yet to meet a Fullers that I didn't like. Solid brewery.

I love Fullers, and count some of their beers as a few of my go-to favourite beers......but their honey dew(I think it's called) is pretty fucking bad
You had to remind me of that one..... As soon as I hit post, that beer popped into my head.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

sofakingdrunk wrote:I love Fullers, and count some of their beers as a few of my go-to favourite beers......but their honey dew(I think it's called) is pretty fucking bad
"For I have dined on Honeydew...
And drunk the milk of Paradise..
WoooOOoah, Paradise!"

(Come on you were thinking of this song just then...)
In Beerum Veritas