Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2016 Christmas Gift Packs

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

beerstodiscover wrote:
Belgian wrote:If the fastener (cap or cork) is still on the bottle neck, you may have luck returning 'breakage' for full credit.[/url]
Interesting to know. I think I have too much shame to walk back in there with some boozy shards of glass and a receipt. Maybe if it was a $20 bottle...
I'd have no shame to do that, in fact the low price argues in your favor. LCBO break stuff all the time. I'd pack up just enough of the pieces with the bottle label and the sealed neck portion, not the whole thing!
Test everything, that's the motto here.
In Beerum Veritas

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Looks like the Christmas Gift Packs are all on the LCBO site now

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Belgian wrote:Test everything, that's the motto here.
I called the store and was told that if the bottle had broken in the parking lot, I'd get a replacement. Otherwise not. I could probably show up and argue for it, but I'd rather not.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

These items are finally listed on the lcbo site

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

beerstodiscover wrote:
Belgian wrote:Test everything, that's the motto here.
I called the store and was told that if the bottle had broken in the parking lot, I'd get a replacement. Otherwise not. I could probably show up and argue for it, but I'd rather not.
On-premises liability for a slip-and-drop? Well at least that's something. Can ask another store, they each seem very discretionary (or a few of them just make up answers when they don't know.)

In the case of a bottle developing a crack or a bottle neck coming apart when you uncap (Dieu du Ciel), that's a manufacturing flaw they should still be responsible for as much as a spoiled product.
In Beerum Veritas

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Ukie wrote:Looks like the Christmas Gift Packs are all on the LCBO site now
i wonder if my email to them yesterday, asking them to add the xmas stock to the website had any effect, or maybe they just finally got around to it

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

GtownRandy wrote:
Ukie wrote:Looks like the Christmas Gift Packs are all on the LCBO site now
i wonder if my email to them yesterday, asking them to add the xmas stock to the website had any effect, ...
I would like to think so!