Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2016 Christmas Gift Packs

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

jvillene67 wrote:has anyone seen any Carolus packs in Ottawa yet? Location?
I usually have best luck at the Lcbo in bells corners and at Landsdowne.

Sorry for the new name, my old acct i can not access anymore..
I got mine at Riocan in Barrhaven.

jvillene67

Post by jvillene67 »

Ceecee wrote:

Thanks Ceecee - ill be headed there tonight. Not just a great brewhouse but a glass too!

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Thor's Hammer is in stores now.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

But still not listed on the lcbo site.. I hate the lcbo.
Ceecee wrote:Thor's Hammer is in stores now.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I saw Thor's hammer today, grabbed one and a few cans of karma citra.......then realized I'd misplaced my wallet. Hopefully the 12 bottles or so will still be there tomorrow

srsev

Post by srsev »

The Kanata Centrum & Hazeldean/Castlefrank locations also have them.
Ceecee wrote:

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

sofakingdrunk wrote:I saw Thor's hammer today, grabbed one and a few cans of karma citra.......then realized I'd misplaced my wallet. Hopefully the 12 bottles or so will still be there tomorrow
I'll do you one better. Picked up a bottle of Thor's Hammer last night at Wilson/Dufferin LCBO only to have it slip out of my hands and smash on my driveway as I attempted to put the paper bag into the recycling bin. It smelled very delicious before I hosed it all down. Wish I forgot my wallet!

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Speaking of accidents be careful carrying the Gouden Carolus Christmas pack. The bottles are not very tightly packed and have a tendency to rattle around far enough to make solid contact with the glass in the middle. Mine did it so loud I thought the glass had broken.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

CoolB wrote:Speaking of accidents be careful carrying the Gouden Carolus Christmas pack. The bottles are not very tightly packed and have a tendency to rattle around far enough to make solid contact with the glass in the middle. Mine did it so loud I thought the glass had broken.
I was sober when I carried mine, and had no problem whatsoever.
:P

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Cheater :P

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

El Pinguino wrote:
CoolB wrote:Speaking of accidents be careful carrying the Gouden Carolus Christmas pack. The bottles are not very tightly packed and have a tendency to rattle around far enough to make solid contact with the glass in the middle. Mine did it so loud I thought the glass had broken.
I was sober when I carried mine, and had no problem whatsoever.
:P
I was definitely sober but moving a bit too hastily. Happened as I sat the box down in my car. Which I was driving sober lol.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

I noticed Gouden Carolus glass is made by Ritzenhoff, the same company that makes Westvleteren glasses, and 90% of all Belgian beer glasses according to their website.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

beerstodiscover wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:I saw Thor's hammer today, grabbed one and a few cans of karma citra.......then realized I'd misplaced my wallet. Hopefully the 12 bottles or so will still be there tomorrow
I'll do you one better. Picked up a bottle of Thor's Hammer last night at Wilson/Dufferin LCBO only to have it slip out of my hands and smash on my driveway as I attempted to put the paper bag into the recycling bin. It smelled very delicious before I hosed it all down. Wish I forgot my wallet!

Ok you win......or lose I guess. One of my year old triplets likes to,pour his sippy cup on the floor then try and suck it up; gotta say I'd be tempted to do that if I were in your shoes last night :)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

beerstodiscover wrote:Picked up a bottle of Thor's Hammer last night at Wilson/Dufferin LCBO only to have it slip out of my hands and smash on my driveway as I attempted to put the paper bag into the recycling bin. It smelled very delicious before I hosed it all down. Wish I forgot my wallet!
If the fastener (cap or cork) is still on the bottle neck, you may have luck returning 'breakage' for full credit.

As with all little fifedoms, it is really up to the manager how reasonable your claim sounds. It's a small loss either way.
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Belgian wrote:If the fastener (cap or cork) is still on the bottle neck, you may have luck returning 'breakage' for full credit.[/url]
Interesting to know. I think I have too much shame to walk back in there with some boozy shards of glass and a receipt. Maybe if it was a $20 bottle...