Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn Import / Halloween / Ontario Release 2017

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Junction Black Lager is really nice. Lots of smokey roasty goodness. Let it warm up.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

beerstodiscover wrote:Junction Black Lager is really nice. Lots of smokey roasty goodness. Let it warm up.
I've purchased this, but haven't had it yet. Looking forward to it; I've really enjoyed the others beers from them available at the LCBO.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

beerstodiscover wrote:Junction Black Lager is really nice. Lots of smokey roasty goodness. Let it warm up.
Agreed.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I'll third this, really nice beer. Went to the store one day looking for "the blacklist" on recommendation from a friend, but came away with this instead. 'm generally a fan of almost all that junction does

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
I'll third this, really nice beer. Went to the store one day looking for "the blacklist" on recommendation from a friend, but came away with this instead. 'm generally a fan of almost all that junction does
I'll have to give it a go, but do try Napanee's Blacklist, it's quite good.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Masterplan wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:

Yes I plan to for sure. the store actually didn't have any Blacklist, that's why I grabbed the junction instead

maybethewater

Post by maybethewater »

Yeah Napanee's Blacklist is probably my favourite dark beer at that price range (3.50 or less for 473ml) currently at the LCBO, it's very stout-like (darker/richer than other black lagers).

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

midlife crisis wrote:
Provost Drunk wrote:Now that the fall release has finally started to trickle onto the shelves, does anyone have any visibility on the status of van de Keizer Rood? I'm anxious to try this one and the recent news about the return of the Blauw this winter has me thinking about this one again.
+1. And also Vitus. Any sightings? They don't even show up on drinkvine, so I guess I know what the answer is ....

Vitus is on shelves, grabbed a couple today.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:

Yes I plan to for sure. the store actually didn't have any Blacklist, that's why I grabbed the junction instead
So I just had the Junction back to back with Blacklist. The junction was good, but the Blacklist is a fuller taste with more roasted malt.

bradb

Post by bradb »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:
Provost Drunk wrote:Now that the fall release has finally started to trickle onto the shelves, does anyone have any visibility on the status of van de Keizer Rood? I'm anxious to try this one and the recent news about the return of the Blauw this winter has me thinking about this one again.
+1. And also Vitus. Any sightings? They don't even show up on drinkvine, so I guess I know what the answer is ....

Vitus is on shelves, grabbed a couple today.
Ugh, come on LCBO, list it on the website already so I don't have to scour every location.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^^its drinking fantastic right now too

ThomasHunter

Post by ThomasHunter »

Anyone in Burlington, Hamilton or Grimsby see any Weihenstephaner Vitus around?

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

The new VITUS brewed at Brunswick is at the Square One LCBO in Mississauga. Yet it's not showing on their site anywhere.

I see the Duvel MC CHOUFFE just got listed, but no stock yet.
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/duvel- ... fsNRGeWwuQ

Has anyone seen or heard word on whether the CUVEE VAN DE KEIZER ROOD is actually coming? I got a couple of the BLAUW now on shelves, but not listed. The ROOD doesn't show on the HelloLCBO list of Autumn releases now. http://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detail ... lease-2017
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Jonah Hex wrote:The new VITUS brewed at Brunswick is at the Square One LCBO in Mississauga. Yet it's not showing on their site anywhere.

I see the Duvel MC CHOUFFE just got listed, but no stock yet.
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/duvel- ... fsNRGeWwuQ

Has anyone seen or heard word on whether the CUVEE VAN DE KEIZER ROOD is actually coming? I got a couple of the BLAUW now on shelves, but not listed. The ROOD doesn't show on the HelloLCBO list of Autumn releases now. http://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detail ... lease-2017
Vitus was not brewed at Brunswick, Re: page 2 of this thread.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Jonah Hex wrote:Has anyone seen or heard word on whether the CUVEE VAN DE KEIZER ROOD is actually coming? I got a couple of the BLAUW now on shelves, but not listed. The ROOD doesn't show on the HelloLCBO list of Autumn releases now.
The Rood is now listed. It's listed as "Roos", however.