Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn Import / Halloween / Ontario Release 2017

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ceecee wrote:The Rood is now listed. It's listed as "Roos", however.
What? F@#kups. I mean sorry guys, but all the suppliers have to jump through hoops to get a deal with the LCBO & after all of that their product listing is entered by Mr. Magoo?

In Beerum Veritas

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

None of these have hit Drinkvine yet. Also, the "Roos" is listed on LCBO but not showing availability anywhere, which is obviously false. C'MON, MAN!

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Ceecee wrote:
Jonah Hex wrote:Has anyone seen or heard word on whether the CUVEE VAN DE KEIZER ROOD is actually coming? I got a couple of the BLAUW now on shelves, but not listed. The ROOD doesn't show on the HelloLCBO list of Autumn releases now.
The Rood is now listed. It's listed as "Roos", however.
Thanks! I see it now. http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/cuvee- ... fyd4WeWwuQ
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

midlife crisis wrote:None of these have hit Drinkvine yet. Also, the "Roos" is listed on LCBO but not showing availability anywhere, which is obviously false. C'MON, MAN!
You might want to check
https://beersearch.on.somerandominterne ... w-releases
every few days. That site's faster getting the new beers listed & links directly to the relevant LCBO pages.

Of course, that's just for the stuff the LCBO actually bothers to put on their site ... :(
Scott T.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Belgian wrote:
Ceecee wrote:The Rood is now listed. It's listed as "Roos", however.
What? F@#kups. I mean sorry guys, but all the suppliers have to jump through hoops to get a deal with the LCBO & after all of that their product listing is entered by Mr. Magoo?

Magoo would be pissed off too. Where's the STAG beer?!? :)

Check out the funny vintage tv Mr Magoo Stag beer commercials at
Scott T.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Vitus and van de Keizer Blauw spotted this morning at Leaside, for those of you in the centre of the universe. But no Roos.

bradb

Post by bradb »

Vitus finally listed, woo!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

bradb wrote:Vitus finally listed, woo!
Oh, this is great - I had a well-aged Vitus from I think Bowery Whole Foods NYC (sediment was really glued to the bottom) and it was truly amazing. Can't wait to try it fresh!
In Beerum Veritas

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

The Paulaner Oktoberfest cans have finally cropped up in these parts. It says 'Oktoberfest Bier' on the label, rather than 'Wiesn'. Not sure which one it is (they're listed as separate things on the Paulaner website) but it's a goddamn fine strong lager either way. I'll be buying this one every time I shop there until it runs out.

Same deal with the Roos/Rood, which I immediately nabbed. If it's good I'll likely grab a second for the cellar.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Just came across Tø Ol Black Ball porter. First I've seen it, totally forgot it was coming. Am I late to the party or did it really take this long to get here?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

darmokandjalad wrote:The Paulaner Oktoberfest cans have finally cropped up in these parts. It says 'Oktoberfest Bier' on the label, rather than 'Wiesn'. Not sure which one it is (they're listed as separate things on the Paulaner website) but it's a goddamn fine strong lager either way. I'll be buying this one every time I shop there until it runs out.
Cool, I will get some. Paulaner really stands out in the Advents Kalendar selections.
Looks like a new can design, and in European markets it has been packaged as Weis'n Bier. Perhaps sold in a 1 liter format & a 'Maß' Stein to pour it all into (seems unnecessary, more than half a liter it gets too warm.)
In Beerum Veritas

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

seangm wrote:Just came across Tø Ol Black Ball porter. First I've seen it, totally forgot it was coming. Am I late to the party or did it really take this long to get here?
Not too late, stock showed up downtown Toronto last week. Pretty tasty brew.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

seangm wrote:Just came across Tø Ol Black Ball porter. First I've seen it, totally forgot it was coming. Am I late to the party or did it really take this long to get here?

Picked one up last week. Not a huge fan, tbh. It was decent and all, but don't think I'll buy anymore.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
Picked one up last week. Not a huge fan, tbh. It was decent and all, but don't think I'll buy anymore.
Oh heck yes. I will love the hell out of that rich malty roasty beast, thanks for the heads up.

I'm realizing that there are now constantly so many new beers (domestic craft and specialty import) that I'm not only skipping ones that look potentially unremarkable, I'm also missing some of the ones that are good.

A beer tasting is in order to catch up on the most-overlooked stuff these past few years.
In Beerum Veritas

roland

Post by roland »

I already got a 4-pack of CBS so I'm waiting for Omnipollo Prodromus Imperial Graham Cracker Coffee Cocoa Vanilla Caramel Stout this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcaNI74Fxse ... kbierworks