LCBO Winter Release 2017

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby sofakingdrunk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:00 pm

Belgian wrote:Yes I saw Ten Fidy already, it sells fast.

I also expect Backwoods is slowly making appearances everywhere, there are allegedly over 500 bottles at 15 York Street. and a few cases at St Clair West (Loblaws.)



Grocery store carrying founders?? Hopefully the zehrs by my place follows suit(as it's under the loblaws umbrella).
Speaking of.....I've been keeping it under my hat for a while, but their pricing is fucked. For instance, BTP pink fuzz is listed on the shelf at 3.50, rings in at 3.01. I'm not sure what the standard lcbo price for this is, but I assume probably more than 3.01. CA ransack the universe shelf price "sale 3.15" rings in at 2.70. I've had a steady supply of underpriced ransack for months. It's an absolute bargain, and stock is never more than a month and half old, usually less than a month. I generally don't buy any other beers from this store besides NB equilibrium(which rings in shelf price) so I'm not sure how many beers are underpriced
portwood
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:56 pm
Location: Markham
Contact:

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby portwood » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:04 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:Speaking of.....I've been keeping it under my hat for a while, but their pricing is fucked. For instance, BTP pink fuzz is listed on the shelf at 3.50, rings in at 3.01. I'm not sure what the standard lcbo price for this is, but I assume probably more than 3.01. CA ransack the universe shelf price "sale 3.15" rings in at 2.70. I've had a steady supply of underpriced ransack for months. It's an absolute bargain, and stock is never more than a month and half old, usually less than a month. I generally don't buy any other beers from this store besides NB equilibrium(which rings in shelf price) so I'm not sure how many beers are underpriced

NOPE, you're not getting a deal.
3.01 + 13% HST = 3.40 + 0.10 deposit = $3.50
2.70 + 13% HST = 3.05 + 0.10 deposit = $3.15

next time look closer at your receipts :wink:
@markhamwhisky
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9476
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Founders at Grocery store?

Postby Belgian » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:18 pm

I gather there is a LCBO at or by that St Clair Stn. location. Much like the one that used to exist within the Queens Quay Loblaws building. It's a separate business under the general roof.

A link, seems to have actual parking.
Last edited by Belgian on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby sofakingdrunk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:49 am

portwood wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:Speaking of.....I've been keeping it under my hat for a while, but their pricing is fucked. For instance, BTP pink fuzz is listed on the shelf at 3.50, rings in at 3.01. I'm not sure what the standard lcbo price for this is, but I assume probably more than 3.01. CA ransack the universe shelf price "sale 3.15" rings in at 2.70. I've had a steady supply of underpriced ransack for months. It's an absolute bargain, and stock is never more than a month and half old, usually less than a month. I generally don't buy any other beers from this store besides NB equilibrium(which rings in shelf price) so I'm not sure how many beers are underpriced

NOPE, you're not getting a deal.
3.01 + 13% HST = 3.40 + 0.10 deposit = $3.50
2.70 + 13% HST = 3.05 + 0.10 deposit = $3.15

next time look closer at your receipts :wink:




Thought it seemed to good to be true :(
Ceecee
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:21 pm
Location: Osgoode, ON

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby Ceecee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 pm

St-Ambroise RIS is listed at $3.85. I hope this remains... it's supposed to be $5.95.
Silvercreek
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby Silvercreek » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Spencer Trappist Ale will be in 100 stores starting next week (December 4th)

750ml @ $9.50

List of stores can be found here:
http://www.silvercreekimports.ca/where-to-buy/
GtownRandy
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby GtownRandy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Silvercreek wrote:Spencer Trappist Ale will be in 100 stores starting next week (December 4th)

750ml @ $9.50

List of stores can be found here:
http://www.silvercreekimports.ca/where-to-buy/


Great news, thanks!
beerstodiscover
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby beerstodiscover » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:17 am

Ceecee wrote:St-Ambroise RIS is listed at $3.85. I hope this remains... it's supposed to be $5.95.


Some of this is now available to order online at the discounted price. Same with Ten Fidy. Also grabbed an Infinity Mirror Brett IPA to round out the order.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9476
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby Belgian » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:47 pm

beerstodiscover wrote:Also grabbed an Infinity Mirror Brett IPA to round out the order.

Share how that one works for you. It's barely mentioned on here but Halcyon Barrel House do nice sour treatments & they have the distribution power of Beau's which seems to keep the price reasonable (ten bucks for this, very OK by me.)
In Beerum Veritas
beerstodiscover
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby beerstodiscover » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Belgian wrote:Share how that one works for you. It's barely mentioned on here but Halcyon Barrel House do nice sour treatments & they have the distribution power of Beau's which seems to keep the price reasonable (ten bucks for this, very OK by me.)


Will do. I picked it up based on yours and other praise I've heard. I suspect the attractive price may be a one-off for the Halcyon's first release. Gravity Well is $16.95, though it is barrel aged.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9476
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Infinity Mirror

Postby Belgian » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:45 pm

beerstodiscover wrote:I suspect the attractive (9.95) price may be a one-off for the Halcyon's first release. Gravity Well is $16.95, though it is barrel aged.

Infinity Mirror is also barrel-aged, evident in the complex flavor profile & which as you say makes it unlikely to be offered again for such a deal.
In Beerum Veritas
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Re: Infinity Mirror

Postby JeffPorter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:09 am

Belgian wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:I suspect the attractive (9.95) price may be a one-off for the Halcyon's first release. Gravity Well is $16.95, though it is barrel aged.

Infinity Mirror is also barrel-aged, evident in the complex flavor profile & which as you say makes it unlikely to be offered again for such a deal.


Gravity Well is certainly pricey, but reading the descriptions of each beer, and you get the sense GW is much more costly...

https://www.halcyon.beer/beer/
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
beerstodiscover
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby beerstodiscover » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:11 pm

I just picked up my St-Ambroise Russian Imperial Stout bottles. I didn't realize these are bourbon barrel aged. Quite a steal at 3.85! And it comes in an annoying cardboard tube!
GtownRandy
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby GtownRandy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:34 pm

beerstodiscover wrote:I just picked up my St-Ambroise Russian Imperial Stout bottles. I didn't realize these are bourbon barrel aged. Quite a steal at 3.85! And it comes in an annoying cardboard tube!


not much distribution yet, 25 bottles across 3 stores, with 59 online. it is a good deal, cant wait to try as i'm really getting a hankering for bourbon aged stouts with these cold days ahead. its rated 100 on ratebeer to boot
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: LCBO Winter Release 2017

Postby spinrsx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:12 am

Yeti is listed now

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cshh, gjkerr and 7 guests