Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Xmas Release 2017

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

LCBO Xmas Release 2017

Post by spinrsx »

fear not, the Blauw is back!

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I am curious about Schneider Bavaria Xmas 2017. And hopefully the Chimay pack comes with a glass.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

beerstodiscover wrote:I am curious about Schneider Bavaria Xmas 2017. And hopefully the Chimay pack comes with a glass.
cant tell what the Schneider is, from looking on ratebeer? maybe a 4x500 of Aventinus, or maybe Eisbock?

and hopefully this:
for the chimay pack?

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

So good to see Van de Keizer Blauw return - and still under $10 no less!

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

A lot of the usual suspects in that list. No samual smiths winter warmer

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Provost Drunk wrote:So good to see Van de Keizer Blauw return - and still under $10 no less!
Yay!

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

What does the double asterix mean?

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

** denotes products to be warehoused till early-March :D

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

sofakingdrunk wrote:No samual smiths winter warmer
For the first time in, what, 20 or 25 years? WTF?
Here's to the slow path.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

No St. Bernardus Christmas eh... oh well, glad to have Van de Keizer Blauw back.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Wheatsheaf wrote:
Now that I think about it, I haven't really seen any Samuel Smith's beers in any 'BO for at least a few months, if not the better part of a year.

The only Sam Smith product still in the LCBO database is their Organic Ale, which is listed as 'discontinued'. Can't find their Oatmeal Stout anywhere, which used to be at least semi-regularly available.

Maybe they've pulled a Southern Tier?

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

darmokandjalad wrote:
Wheatsheaf wrote:
Now that I think about it, I haven't really seen any Samuel Smith's beers in any 'BO for at least a few months, if not the better part of a year.

The only Sam Smith product still in the LCBO database is their Organic Ale, which is listed as 'discontinued'. Can't find their Oatmeal Stout anywhere, which used to be at least semi-regularly available.

Their Organic Chocolate Stout is included in the winter release so they must not have bailed entirely.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

darmokandjalad wrote:
Wheatsheaf wrote:

And imo the pale ale is one of their weaker beers. I absolutely love the oatmeal stout and the winter warmer is usually always in my fridge during the holiday season. They also usually have the Xmas pack with the pint glass too.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

darmokandjalad wrote:
Wheatsheaf wrote:

And imo the pale ale is one of their weaker beers. I absolutely love the oatmeal stout and the winter warmer is usually always in my fridge during the holiday season. They also usually have the Xmas pack with the pint glass too.

tyke66a

Post by tyke66a »

Sam Smiths Winter WELCOME should be a there somewhere because we've had it since 1994...such a regular so not on the list of new Christmas beers. It has more bite than the pale ale and as a Yorkshireman, is one of my favourites