Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Xmas Release 2017

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

tyke66a wrote:Picked up a case of 2017 Fullers Vintage Ale in Ottawa today. Lots of repeat Christmas packs out already ie Historic Scottish Ales (no Kelpie?) St Bernie pack, Belhaven pack, and singles such as Greene King Festive Pudding, Shep Neame Christmas and Wychwood Ba Humbug.
I'm not seeing it on the LCBO website. :( What's the product number?

tyke66a

Post by tyke66a »

A lot of the Christmas beers are not listed on the LCBO website or drinkvine even though they are available in the stores. Fullers Vintage Ale is 676213

bradb

Post by bradb »

I really want to get my hands on that Chimay pack. Anybody see it anywhere in KW yet?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I just picked one up in guelph(Clair road location) and my buddy said he saw in Cambridge, not sure which store

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Hamilton Fennel and Gage

Lunardr0ne

Post by Lunardr0ne »

bradb wrote:I really want to get my hands on that Chimay pack. Anybody see it anywhere in KW yet?
I was in the Ira Needles LCBO last week and they told me the Christmas stuff should come in sometime next week. Not sure if the rest of the KW is getting it at the same time, but seems likely. I'll try to drop by next weekend to hopefully get the few things I wanted this time around.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Love the Chimay chalice. It's nice to replace my last one as the gold rim had worn off...

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

sofakingdrunk wrote:I just picked one up in guelph(Clair road location) and my buddy said he saw in Cambridge, not sure which store

Well, good job this glass is good quality. I came home last night to find my wife using my old chimay glass(exactly the same one) as a stencil for Halloween crafts. The thing is fucking covered in black sharpie now.

andrewd

Post by andrewd »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:I just picked one up in guelph(Clair road location) and my buddy said he saw in Cambridge, not sure which store

Well, good job this glass is good quality. I came home last night to find my wife using my old chimay glass(exactly the same one) as a stencil for Halloween crafts. The thing is fucking covered in black sharpie now.
Clean it with nail polish remover, WD-40, or rubbing alcohol. Glass saved!

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

andrewd wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:

Clean it with nail polish remover, WD-40, or rubbing alcohol. Glass saved!
Thanks, will do. Hope it doesn't take too much of the gold trim off the rim, as that's where the majority of the sharpie is

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Muskoka WINTER BEARD stout is in stores. I saw it at the Argentia location at 401 & Winston Churchill in Mississauga. But, as with the rest of the Xmas beers, it's not listed on the LCBO site.

At the same store I found the CUVEE VAN DE KEIZER BLAUW. Between that location & the Square One LCBO, I've seen most of the Xmas releases already on display, but none on the website. So, go hunting soon!

I'm eager for the N'ICE CHOUFFE. Any word on when it's coming? I see the Autumn release MC CHOUFFE has just been listed, but with no stock yet. I wouldn't be surprised if both shipped here together.
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Jonah Hex wrote:I'm eager for the N'ICE CHOUFFE. Any word on when it's coming?
HelloLCBO told me it will be in stores mid to late November.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Ceecee wrote:
I saw at the Bloor/Royal York LCBO location yesterday evening.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Quotashun wrote:
Ceecee wrote:
I saw at the Bloor/Royal York LCBO location yesterday evening.
Excellent! Time to go hunting. :)

Anyone seen the N'ICE CHOUFFE anywhere else, even in Mississauga?
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

bradb

Post by bradb »

bradb wrote:I really want to get my hands on that Chimay pack. Anybody see it anywhere in KW yet?
Assuming these have now made their way to various spots in KW, happened to get one at Highland.

Now, just need Vitus. Really strange that we're getting Xmas releases before the Fall releases.