Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring 2018 Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

LCBO Spring 2018 Craft Beer Release

Post by spinrsx »

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Whoa, pretty good. Mostly new stuff here. Excited for Rodenbach Caractère Rouge, and it's going to sell for less than Vintage? Nice price on Timmerman's too.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Feb 25th is when the KGBO changes over to Spring FYI.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Jacobins :)

distr0

Post by distr0 »

ooo panil. been a while since we've had that here

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Nice... list looks promising for sure. Let's see how old those IPAs are though by the time they hit the shelves (and likely on many unrefrigerated shelves; especially the one from New Zealand).

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

beerstodiscover wrote:Whoa, pretty good. Mostly new stuff here. Excited for Rodenbach Caractère Rouge, and it's going to sell for less than Vintage? Nice price on Timmerman's too.
that and the Jacobins Kriek are too sweet.
I'm convinced that Rodenbach's changed their recipes up over the last 2 years. Alexander and CR are grossly sweet.

Gleemer Imports

Post by Gleemer Imports »

I can assure you that there will be one more surprise added to that list (for March/April).
#lambic
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

distr0 wrote:ooo panil. been a while since we've had that here
Is it likely the last one we had was the 'European' version, which has not been produced in a while.

This new release should then be the more intense / better-received one. Different beers.

** correction BOTH versions are the 'American' one which does not feature the added neck bottle sticker saying SOUR in all caps. **
Last edited by Belgian on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

atomeyes wrote:I'm convinced that Rodenbach's changed their recipes up over the last 2 years. Alexander and CR are grossly sweet.
Never tried either of those. But I find other Rodenbachs a bit too sour, so happy to try one cut with some fruit.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Gleemer Imports wrote:I can assure you that there will be one more surprise added to that list (for March/April).
#lambic
Now I'm hyped. Anything less than a flood of 3 Fonteinen will be a letdown. :D

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

Does look like a good release, although the $18.65 price point on the A La Fut offering seems a little severe.

Gleemer Imports

Post by Gleemer Imports »

beerstodiscover wrote:
Gleemer Imports wrote:I can assure you that there will be one more surprise added to that list (for March/April).
#lambic
Now I'm hyped. Anything less than a flood of 3 Fonteinen will be a letdown. :D
...woosh? (is that the sound that water makes?)
Last edited by Gleemer Imports on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

Belgian wrote:
distr0 wrote:ooo panil. been a while since we've had that here
Is it likely the last one we had was the 'European' version, which has not been produced in a while.

This new release should then be the more intense / better-received one. Different beers.
We had the full sour 'American' version last time, so it should be the same beer.
Here's to the slow path.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Anyone excited for the A La Fut? That is actually through my agency, which has been dormant for a while but resurrected when I began working with ALF.

I realize that the price point is high - but it is a very expensive cost and of course the LCBO does not flex at all on its side when it comes to markups & additional costs. I'm hopeful that folks will find it worth it.