Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer 2018 Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

LCBO Summer 2018 Craft Beer Release

Post by spinrsx »

BartOwl

Post by BartOwl »

A small but nice list. I am looking forward to the two krieks.

S M A

Post by S M A »

Tank 7!!!! I love that beer and will stock up.

I'm also a huge fan of Le Castor, although I haven't had that particular one (Brett Saison).

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

Nice I've been hoping for Tank 7 to return!

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Interesting, by style (some could fit in two categories). Glad they aren't bringing in many inevitably stale IPAs.

Saison x5
Fruit ale x4
Kriek x2
Sour x1
IPAx1

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

ry_kinney wrote:Nice I've been hoping for Tank 7 to return!

Same here, I live it. I'll be drinking this all summer if they bring in enough. Glad to see DuPont back again. I'm not happy about the Hennepin switching to 750ml instead of 330 bottles.

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

sofakingdrunk wrote:

Same here, I live it. I'll be drinking this all summer if they bring in enough. Glad to see DuPont back again. I'm not happy about the Hennepin switching to 750ml instead of 330 bottles.
Still have a few DuPont from the last release (fall?) but for price/quality ratio it is hard to pass up more. Never tried Hennepin, is this the first time it's been available at LCBO?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Hennepin has been around several times, and was available in kegs around Toronto for a few years in a row. I'm not sure if the kegs ever really left, actually.

It's a nice Saison. I prefer DuPont, but I pretty much prefer it to everything.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

ry_kinney wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:

Still have a few DuPont from the last release (fall?) but for price/quality ratio it is hard to pass up more. Never tried Hennepin, is this the first time it's been available at LCBO?
I think it was here last maybe 4 years ago at lcbo. 4 packs for something like 12$. So yeah, almost on par with DuPont, with DuPont being superior imo. The Hennepin is nice though.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

I might grab a few of these, but overall this is a very disappointing release. Kinda reaffirms my decision to mainly support local and only buy the occasional beer from the 'BO. Also heading to Detroit in May, and I think my haul will be a bit bigger now. Big yawn from me.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

beerstodiscover wrote:Interesting, by style (some could fit in two categories). Glad they aren't bringing in many inevitably stale IPAs.

Saison x5
Fruit ale x4
Kriek x2
Sour x1
IPAx1
I was having a similar thought regarding the heavy concentration in a couple of styles. I know, it's a summer release, so certain styles will predominate. No Hefe's, which kind of surprises me. Very interested in picking up some of the Boulevard and Ommegang. Otherwise, not very interested or been there already.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Not a particularly exciting release. Saison Dupont is always a great value, but still have a few stashed away from last summer. Hennepin is great but the larger format is a drag. Will likely revisit Tank 7, though a single 4-pack is probably more than enough. I went a bit overboard with the Fall, Holiday and Winter releases, all of which were much more in-line with my tastebuds, so a chance to drink down my stash faster than I replenish may actually be a good thing.

Esquandolas

Post by Esquandolas »

Is anyone seeing that Saison Dupont on the shelves yet? I had a bottle of Dupont Avec Les Bons Voeux a few weeks ago for the first time and it nearly blew my mind!

S M A

Post by S M A »

Esquandolas wrote:Is anyone seeing that Saison Dupont on the shelves yet? I had a bottle of Dupont Avec Les Bons Voeux a few weeks ago for the first time and it nearly blew my mind!
No, I doubt it's out yet. I'm sure there's still spring release stuff that isn't out yet, and if I recall correctly last year, Saison Dupont didn't show up until... late summer? Be patient, then stock up if it's priced like it was last year.

follwell9

Post by follwell9 »

Does anyone know when the Saison Dupont will hit the shelves? I have been travelling for a while and hope that I have not already missed it.