Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Central City Brewers Moving from 355 ml to 500 ml Cans With No Price Increase

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Central City Brewers Moving from 355 ml to 500 ml Cans With No Price Increase

Post by S. St. Jeb »

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Man, remember when Red Racer was such a thing people (including me) would buy a case because it would sell out so quickly. Don’t remember when I had it last, but I remember it being a hot mess.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

S. St. Jeb wrote:Wow! Gotta love this.

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2018/05 ... -increase/

Didn't this happen here, like a year or two ago?

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:Wow! Gotta love this.

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2018/05 ... -increase/

Didn't this happen here, like a year or two ago?
Our memories may be off but I think you're right. When Red Racer IPA first showed up as a regular listing in Ontario, it was in the 355 mL format. Then it changed to tallboys. I don't think the price was increased at the time, although it has obviously increased in price several times since then.

So this really isn't going to have much of an impact on Ontario consumers. Other than those mixed packs at TBS, I don't know if CC even distributes 355s to Ontario anymore.