Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn, Halloween and Ontario Craft Beers 2018 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Provost Drunk wrote:
Is the Van de Keizer Imperial Blond the same as the Rood?
I was also wondering this, so I looked into it a bit and the answer seems to be 'yes'. Both of the vdK brews have had a name change.

It looks like the vdK Blauw is now called "vdK Imperial Dark".

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Weird. I made a post in this thread this afternoon but apparently it fell into the fifth dimension? It seems to exist within the forum's data (i.e. it shows up in my list of posts when I check my profile), but not in the thread itself. Whatever - here it is again.
Provost Drunk wrote:
Is the Van de Keizer Imperial Blond the same as the Rood?
I was also wondering this, so I looked into it a bit and the answer seems to be 'yes'. Both of the vdK brews have had a name change.

It looks like the vdK Blauw is now called "vdK Imperial Dark".

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

The post is there, it's right above the one you just made. Maybe you just didn't see it on the second page?

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Halloween 2018 list was updated https://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detai ... NVbg%3D%3D

I'm hoping this list is incomplete otherwise RIP Pumpkin Beers.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

JaseWescott wrote:Halloween 2018 list was updated https://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detai ... NVbg%3D%3D

I'm hoping this list is incomplete otherwise RIP Pumpkin Beers.
Good ridden IMO, never had a pumpkin beer I didn't regret buying after the second sip.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I'm missing something, that looks like a list of 6 pumpkin beers to me.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Craig wrote:The post is there, it's right above the one you just made. Maybe you just didn't see it on the second page?
Nope. Still can't see it. Otherwise I'd have deleted it by now.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

darmokandjalad wrote:
Craig wrote:The post is there, it's right above the one you just made. Maybe you just didn't see it on the second page?
Nope. Still can't see it. Otherwise I'd have deleted it by now.
FWIW - I got a notification yesterday that you responded to my post, but didn't (and still don't) see your original response. Very strange indeed, but thanks for the info re: van de Keizer name changes.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Nice! That is a lot of Ontario beer. To manage, I plan to concentrate on the Festbiers/Marzens, which I always look forward to once the leaves start to turn. And, of course, GLB and GR Highballer Pumpkin ales, once a year while passing out candy on Oct 31. C'mon pumpkin haters! It's just once a year. :D

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Some good news in that Ontario release if you're a ticker. The collective Arts IPA7 is what i'll be on the lookout for.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

sprague11 wrote:Some good news in that Ontario release if you're a ticker. The collective Arts IPA7 is what i'll be on the lookout for.
I wonder if it's coming anytime soon. IPA No. 6 hits LCBO next week.

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

I see Collective Arts IPA 7 on the list, yet 6 has yet to make its appearance in stores. This has been a tremendous series of IPA’s and I eagerly await these next variations.

As for the pumpkin ales...if I never had one again it would still be to soon.

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

Wheatsheaf wrote:Gouden Carolus Ambrio instead of Classic? :(
I’d like to see them bring back the Hopsinjoor. Love that beer.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

midlife crisis wrote:Nice! That is a lot of Ontario beer. To manage, I plan to concentrate on the Festbiers/Marzens, which I always look forward to once the leaves start to turn. And, of course, GLB and GR Highballer Pumpkin ales, once a year while passing out candy on Oct 31. C'mon pumpkin haters! It's just once a year. :D

I agree. Cmon! They’re malty and spicey - a traditional historic ale. Buy few the week before Halloween. Practically the same species and flavours that are in. Lot of winter ales.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John