LCBO Autumn, Halloween and Ontario Craft Beers 2018 Release

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
Bobsy
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2212
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Maple
Contact:

Re: LCBO Autumn, Halloween and Ontario Craft Beers 2018 Release

Postby Bobsy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:05 pm

All of these ones seem to be on shelves as of today:

LCBO 58875 Aventinus Eisbock - 500 ml - Germany
LCBO 374629 Fullers Russian Imperial Stout- 500 ml - United Kingdom
LCBO 397695 New Holland Dragon's Milk - 650 ml - United States
LCBO 526491 Cuvee Van De Keizer Imperial Blond - 750 ml - Belgium
LCBO 617530 Morangie Barrel Aged Hibernator Oatmeal Stout- 330 ml - United Kingdom
LCBO 84889 Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier - 500 ml - Germany
LCBO 106237 Doppel Hirsch Doppelbock - 500 ml - Germany
LCBO 518720 St-Ambroise Pumpkin Ale- 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 417014 Ayinger October Fest Marzen - 500 ml - Germany
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 682
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: LCBO Autumn, Halloween and Ontario Craft Beers 2018 Release

Postby sofakingdrunk » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Bobsy wrote:All of these ones seem to be on shelves as of today:

LCBO 58875 Aventinus Eisbock - 500 ml - Germany
LCBO 374629 Fullers Russian Imperial Stout- 500 ml - United Kingdom
LCBO 397695 New Holland Dragon's Milk - 650 ml - United States
LCBO 526491 Cuvee Van De Keizer Imperial Blond - 750 ml - Belgium
LCBO 617530 Morangie Barrel Aged Hibernator Oatmeal Stout- 330 ml - United Kingdom
LCBO 84889 Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier - 500 ml - Germany
LCBO 106237 Doppel Hirsch Doppelbock - 500 ml - Germany
LCBO 518720 St-Ambroise Pumpkin Ale- 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 417014 Ayinger October Fest Marzen - 500 ml - Germany


I’m sipping on the Black Isle Morangie oatmeal stout right now. Very tasty beer, if a bit thin for the style. But the barrel really shines through. I’ll pick up a bunch of these for Xmas season. I also
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Re: LCBO Autumn, Halloween and Ontario Craft Beers 2018 Release

Postby JeffPorter » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 pm

So the Black Isle we got was “east coast” not Morangie. I mean yeah Glen Morganie is on the east coast but we’re they not able to use their name?

Still...yummy beer...

Right now though sipping on a Fuller RIS. God. I really don’t think we make anything like this. Maybe that odd time you find Wellington RIS on cask.

Drinks like a 6% robust porter. Lately I’m sensitive to crazy abv beers. Not a fan of the EIsbock these days, maybe it’s age. But man. I would totally get in trouble with this beer.

And yeah it’s bottle conditioned. I don’t age beer anymore but I might make an exception for this.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: LCBO Autumn, Halloween and Ontario Craft Beers 2018 Release

Postby Belgian » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:59 pm

JeffPorter wrote:sipping on a Fuller RIS.
Drinks like a 6% robust porter. Lately I’m sensitive to crazy abv beers. Not a fan of the EIsbock these days, maybe it’s age...

I've always found S&S Eisbock a gross beer; yes it's well-made and tastes OK (Aventinus far more so!) but to me it feels crappy drinking it, and likely afterwards. It's a pointless brew I have personally decided. There are simply far better winter celebration beers (Deus Brut, Van de Keyzer, Samichlaus, any good Quad or Tripel.)

And I will re-try that silky Fuller's Imperial Stout (10.7%) with added Rose petals, it was pretty good and I liked the chocolate notes. I also noted that I should cellar down a few of those to integrate the flavors. It's a great value IMO.
In Beerum Veritas
Provost Drunk
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Toronto

Re: LCBO Autumn, Halloween and Ontario Craft Beers 2018 Release

Postby Provost Drunk » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:21 pm

JeffPorter wrote:So the Black Isle we got was “east coast” not Morangie. I mean yeah Glen Morganie is on the east coast but we’re they not able to use their name?

Still...yummy beer...



So is it Glenmorangie barrels that are used for aging the East Coast edition? I was curious about that. Regardless of distillery, we don't see too many scotch-barrel aged beers on this side of the pond and there's a lot of nice nuance in the East Coast.
Provost Drunk
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am
Location: Toronto

Re: LCBO Autumn, Halloween and Ontario Craft Beers 2018 Release

Postby Provost Drunk » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Anyone know what's going on with the Boulevard Whiskey Barrel Stout and Bring out the Imp? They've been listed for some time, but in small quantities and not very well dispersed. I assumed it would only be a matter of time before they were rolled out en masse, but I'm starting to get nervous.
Jay-Brew
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Re: LCBO Autumn, Halloween and Ontario Craft Beers 2018 Release

Postby Jay-Brew » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Provost Drunk wrote:Anyone know what's going on with the Boulevard Whiskey Barrel Stout and Bring out the Imp? They've been listed for some time, but in small quantities and not very well dispersed. I assumed it would only be a matter of time before they were rolled out en masse, but I'm starting to get nervous.


I've been wondering about this too. The same thing is happening with Rosetta.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron