Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

lcboapi.com and drinkvine.com

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SirBeatington

Post by SirBeatington »

Hey all, first time caller, long time listener.
Jumped on LCBO.com this morning, and the “Check All Stores” is back. Not only that, but now you can organize by Quantity or by City!
Either someone at the ‘BO grew a brain, or a lot of people complained.
I would bet on the latter.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

SirBeatington wrote:Hey all, first time caller, long time listener.
Jumped on LCBO.com this morning, and the “Check All Stores” is back. Not only that, but now you can organize by Quantity or by City!
Either someone at the ‘BO grew a brain, or a lot of people complained.
I would bet on the latter.
aye https://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detai ... 65/kw/2019

2019 Summer Beer List isn't ready yet. I reached out yesterday.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

DerekD wrote:You're welcome!
Should be up now. Looks like the online inventory was down for a few days and I didn't notice. Please don't hesitate to let me know when this happens again.
Derek
Noticed Caskhunter.com hasn't updated new beers on the new beers page since June 30. Is this feature kaput?
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

DerekD

Post by DerekD »

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to look at it for a while. Do you happen to know one of the new products (name or item number)? That will help me debug.

Edit:
Is it possible that there haven't been any new beers in the past 3 weeks? I went through the LCBO's "Shop New Beers" "New and seasonal beers" section and all of them appear in caskhunter.com. It seems like my code is working, but I can't be sure until I find a new product on LCBO to confirm.

Double Edit:
I don't know what happened, looks like everything is working again? Lots of new stuff in the "New Products" feed now. It looks like the inventory counts need to be updated on some products though...

DerekD

Post by DerekD »

Final Edit:
Well, I took a look today and the LCBO website has changed their database so the scraper is broken. Unfortunately due to family obligations I won't have time to fix it. It's been fun though!

- Derek

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

DerekD wrote:Final Edit:
Well, I took a look today and the LCBO website has changed their database so the scraper is broken. Unfortunately due to family obligations I won't have time to fix it. It's been fun though!

- Derek
Derek,
Too bad but understandable. Thanks for doing it while you did!

All,
Is there anything else out there that does what Drinkvine/Caskhunter did?
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

PeteH

Post by PeteH »

- Derek
I too want to say thanks for all your efforts. Cask hunter was great. I (finally) created a BT account just to say thanks.

Peter

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

- Derek
your little website was great help, thanks for your hard work 8)

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

The death of caskhunter (and previously drinkvine) is very bad news indeed, I need this functionality!!!! How can LCBO not offer such a simple feature to drive sales.

Is there no other similar site?

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Urotsukidoji wrote:The death of caskhunter (and previously drinkvine) is very bad news indeed, I need this functionality!!!! How can LCBO not offer such a simple feature to drive sales.

Is there no other similar site?
you can try liquery.com

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Thanks, but does that illustrate the amount of crap they carry, or what?

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

midlife crisis wrote:Thanks, but does that illustrate the amount of crap they carry, or what?
No, that site works like boozewatch. you search for a store address to view it's inventory. there is no list building or anything like caskhunter or drinkvine.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Yeah, I get that, thanks. That is my point. You see their entire inventory, a good 75% of which is complete crap.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

midlife crisis wrote:Yeah, I get that, thanks. That is my point. You see their entire inventory, a good 75% of which is complete crap.
The LCBO website is crappy. I hate how they just make up new sections and move things for no reason or tag things with the wrong style but it's all there is now :o