Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2020 Summer Ontario Craft Beers & Imports at the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JaseWescott

2020 Summer Ontario Craft Beers & Imports at the LCBO

Post by JaseWescott »

Better Late than never 8)

ONTARIO
-------
Kichesippi B.C. Light $3.25 473 KICHESIPPI BEER COMPANY
Railway City - Train Reaction Cerveza $3.35 473 RAILWAY CITY BREWING COMPANY
Brock Street Strawberry Blonde $3.3 473 BROCK STREET BREWING COMPANY
Passionfruit Guava Sour $3.25 473 SAWDUST CITY BREWING
Pineapple Sour $3.4 473 MANITOULIN BREWING COMPANY
Apricot Saison $3.85 473 WOODHOUSE BREWING CO. INC.
Pilsner Elora $3.45 473 ELORA BREWING COMPANY, INC.
Walkerville Brewery Smooth Sail Summer Ale $2.95 473 WALKERVILLE BREWERY
Forgotten Fields Sour IPA $4.25 473 NIAGARA OAST HOUSE BREWERS
CLOTHING HOPTIONAL SESSION IPA $3.15 473 NEW ONTARIO BREWING COMPANY CO. INC
Buggywhip India Pale Ale $3.55 473 ABE ERB BREWING CO.
Moonlight on Chrome Session IPA $3.15 473 REDLINE BREWHOUSE
Big Rig - Hazy Session IPA $3.35 473 BIG RIG BREWERY
Lake of the Woods Sneaky Peach Peach Pale Ale $3.65 473 LAKE OF THE WOODS
Artificial Paradise IPA $3.55 473 CLIFFORD BREWING
Hazy Days of Summer $3.45 473 WHITEWATER BREWING
Bleep Bloop North East IPA $3.45 473 CALABOGIE BREWING CO. LTD.
Sleeping Giant White Out $3.45 473 Sleeping Giant Brewing Co.
Berry Mango-Low Radler $3.1 475 FORKED RIVER BREWING
Summer $14.5 2130 ANDERSON CRAFT ALES
Birch Bark White IPA $3.5 473 BOBCAYGEON BREWING COMPANY LIMITED
Cucumber Mint Kolsch $3.2 473 GLOBAL BEVERAGE IMPORTS RADDICAL ROAD
Left Field Brewery Lo Viste Mojito Sour $3.95 355 LEFT FIELD BREWING
Left Field Brewery Gigante Micro IPA $3.25 355 LEFT FIELD BREWING
Resolution Organic Kumquat Kettle Sour $3.95 473 LONDON BREWING
Hopside IPA $3.25 473 PERTH BREWERY LTD.
Railway City Brewing - Orange Creamsic Ale $3.5 473 RAILWAY CITY BREWING COMPANY
Berry White $3.35 473 SONS OF KENT BREWING COMPANY
High Grass lemongrass ginger saison $3.25 473 THE SECOND WEDGE BREWING COMPANY
Refined Fool, Pinky Brewster, Raspberry Wheat $3.25 473 REFINED FOOL BREWING

IMPORTED
-------
Deschutes Da Shootz! American Pilsner $4.25 568 AFIC EXIM (CANADA) CORP.
Lost Lager $3.15 473 GLAZER'S OF CANADA
Stone Tropic of Thunder Lager $4.95 568 Authentic Beverage
KUCHLBAUER TURMWEISSE $2.9 500 FINE BEERS AGENCY LTD.
Omer Vander Ghinste Rose Max des Jacobins $2.65 250 NOSH FOOD & WINE CONSULTANCY
Lickinghole Creek Sunflower Saison $11.95 750 VON TERRA ENTERPRISES LTD.
Oshlag Vox Populi Kettle Sour Brunch Berliner $4.35 355 LIQUID ASSETS IMPORTS
Cigar City Margarita Gose $12.95 1420 AFIC EXIM (CANADA) CORP.
Trou du Diable L'Ours Barrel-Aged $11.25 750 CREEMORE SPRINGS BREWERY LTD.
Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted $2.95 330 STELLAR WINE & SPIRITS INC
Red Racer Hazy Dreamer Pale Ale $3.1 500 ICONIC BREWING COMPANY
Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor $3.5 330 ROLAND AND RUSSELL
Kona Hanalei IPA $16.5 2130 CRAFT BRAND COMPANY INC.
Trou du Diable MacTavish in Memoriam $11.25 600 CREEMORE SPRINGS BREWERY LTD.
BILLY BISHOP DOUBLE IPA $3.65 473 DVB Agencies

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

LCBO cannot update the website until they move back into the offices and my guess is that isn't happening anytime soon? :o

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I keep forgetting that TDD was bought by Molson. Still got a bottle of L'Ours.

I was excited for the Jacobins, their cuvee is a fave of mine, until I saw the reviews. Yikes.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

JaseWescott wrote:LCBO cannot update the website until they move back into the offices and my guess is that isn't happening anytime soon? :o
No sure I understand what you mean. I've seen a large number of these listed on the website.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

JaseWescott wrote:
Hadn't heard of Iconic Brewing by name. Looked them up; the don't have any beer listed. :o I recognize the Liberty Village cider.

So, are they "importing" this beer from BC for Central City?

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:LCBO cannot update the website until they move back into the offices and my guess is that isn't happening anytime soon? :o
No sure I understand what you mean. I've seen a large number of these listed on the website.
sorry, I meant the HelloLCBO website. LCBO won't be adding any quarterly lists to the website until the employees move back into the office.
S. St. Jeb wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:
Hadn't heard of Iconic Brewing by name. Looked them up; the don't have any beer listed. :o I recognize the Liberty Village cider.

So, are they "importing" this beer from BC for Central City?
maybe a sub label started by Central City like Moosehead and HopCity?

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I'll give them a pass because of the pandemic — but this list stinks.

I will be greedily grabbing Hopsinjoor if I see it. And I've picked up a case of Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted when I saw it marked down at my local.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

My Local Beer Store started the pandemic poorly.. stock issues, changed empty policy a couple times, shut down for renovations and didn't have anything exciting (Bud Light Strawberry Lemonade, Budweiser Nitro Gold, Coors Light Slice Lime, Mad Jack Kiwi Watermelon, Mad Jack Blue Raspberry, Mill St. Organic Pilsner, Mill St. Big Little Lager, etc.) at one point they were verbally telling people the 3 or 4 beers they had left in stock :roll:

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

JaseWescott wrote:My Local Beer Store started the pandemic poorly.. stock issues, changed empty policy a couple times, shut down for renovations and didn't have anything exciting (Bud Light Strawberry Lemonade, Budweiser Nitro Gold, Coors Light Slice Lime, Mad Jack Kiwi Watermelon, Mad Jack Blue Raspberry, Mill St. Organic Pilsner, Mill St. Big Little Lager, etc.) at one point they were verbally telling people the 3 or 4 beers they had left in stock :roll:
Aw c'mon. Bud Light Strawberry Lemonade is exciting. No?

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

JaseWescott wrote:My Local Beer Store started the pandemic poorly.. stock issues, changed empty policy a couple times, shut down for renovations and didn't have anything exciting (Bud Light Strawberry Lemonade, Budweiser Nitro Gold, Coors Light Slice Lime, Mad Jack Kiwi Watermelon, Mad Jack Blue Raspberry, Mill St. Organic Pilsner, Mill St. Big Little Lager, etc.) at one point they were verbally telling people the 3 or 4 beers they had left in stock :roll:
Upper James and Fennell really has improved over the years, they had tons of new stuff over the lockdown to the point I was afraid to go in. They are pretty close to Dundurn in quality although they seem to get their stock a little after Dundurn.

Upper James walk in beer cooler was really refreshing during those strings of +30C days!

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
Aw c'mon. Bud Light Strawberry Lemonade is exciting. No?
hehe :lol: Budweiser Nitro Gold actually wasn't bad, I wish it came in singles so that more people could try it.
Ukie wrote:
Upper James and Fennell really has improved over the years, they had tons of new stuff over the lockdown to the point I was afraid to go in. They are pretty close to Dundurn in quality although they seem to get their stock a little after Dundurn.

Upper James walk in beer cooler was really refreshing during those strings of +30C days!
you mean The Beer Store at Upper James? I used to go to the LCBO at Upper James (the one with the good manager) a lot when I lived on the Mountain, now I usually go to the LCBO at Centre Mall or Eastgate, the one at Centre has a walk-in refrigerator 8)

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

you mean The Beer Store at Upper James? I used to go to the LCBO at Upper James (the one with the good manager) a lot when I lived on the Mountain, now I usually go to the LCBO at Centre Mall or Eastgate, the one at Centre has a walk-in refrigerator 8)[/quote]

No sorry I meant the LCBO at Upper James, which also has a walk in refrigerator. Beer guys there always receptive to ordering stuff they may not be familiar with, open to suggestions.