Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO beer releases for 2009

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Ralphus wrote:Last year we had the Winter Release list by Sep 2nd. Any idea when this years will be forthcoming? (always need something to look forward to :) )
Just got the list and started a new thread. Some good stuff in there!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

GregClow wrote: October 2009: Holiday Gifts - Multi-packs of assorted Beer.
. Product information should be incorporated into the packaging.
. Packs featuring popular, top-selling brands.
. Packs featuring, unique, niche brands, not already carried at the LCBO.
. Products with added merchandise such as glasses and/or other appropriate accessories.
. Unique formats or sizes (magnums, mini kegs) of renowned beer.
. Preference will be given to unique gift packs that offer great value and are exclusive to the LCBO.
. Preference will be given to packs priced under $15.00.
Tis the season. These puppies should start showing up soon, no? Last year they started to show up around mid-October if I recall.

Hoping for some new offers this year!

wilco

Post by wilco »

El Pinguino wrote:
GregClow wrote: October 2009: Holiday Gifts - Multi-packs of assorted Beer.
. Product information should be incorporated into the packaging.
. Packs featuring popular, top-selling brands.
. Packs featuring, unique, niche brands, not already carried at the LCBO.
. Products with added merchandise such as glasses and/or other appropriate accessories.
. Unique formats or sizes (magnums, mini kegs) of renowned beer.
. Preference will be given to unique gift packs that offer great value and are exclusive to the LCBO.
. Preference will be given to packs priced under $15.00.
Tis the season. These puppies should start showing up soon, no? Last year they started to show up around mid-October if I recall.

Hoping for some new offers this year!
I don't know if it's a holiday gift, but the 750mL Duvel w/glass is showing up online.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Certainly not groundbreaking news, but there were a handful of Schmucker Bio-Pils at Queen's Quay this aft. I didn't know this was coming, nor did I even know what it was (I'm assuming it fits into the Organic Beers category, along with the Boris and Duchy, appearing at various dates throughout the year). I picked one up. We'll see...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GregClow wrote: Products with added merchandise such as glasses and/or other appropriate accessories.
Why don't the packs ever include inappropriate accessories - like a hash pipe or some raunchy Hentai or something? Would it send the wrong message?
In Beerum Veritas